Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garmin 360 v8/v9 mapping

• 20-08-2007 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Bought a Garmin 360 off ebay, but think I have the v8 maps. When i select the "spanner" icon, then "map" and then "map info", it says "city navigator EuropeNT+ v8".
    Most of the roads (probably local roads - one category below the secondary roads) near where I live are not in this either so can someone advise me if it is indeed the v8 version I have? I bought it under the impression that it had v9 maps...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Sounds like V8, is the new M4 from Lucan to past Kinnegad on it ? If so you have V9, otherwise no.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Defo EuropeNT+ v8 . Was it advertised as v9 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 johnbaz72

sharkman wrote:
    Defo EuropeNT+ v8 . Was it advertised as v9 ?

It was advertised as city navigator Europe NT, so I emailed the chap to check and he responded saying it used v9 mapping...

Just looked at the M4, and on my version the M4 ends well before Enfield, let alone Kinnegad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

Sounds like you were done there mate :(

I am not that familiar with eBay - do they not have some kind of protection to deal with these types of cases?

Got back to the chap i bought it off, and he told me to return the unit to him. Says he'll replace it with one that has the v9 mapping. I posted it back today so hopefully it'll get sorted. He says it was an honest mistake, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now...

• Advertisement

Just to bring closure to this tale, I received the new nuvi 360 with v9 mapping on it earlier today. It is fantastic. Has all the local roads on it that weren't on the previous one. Thanks Sharkman and Jip for the info...

Advertisement