Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Geddy Lee on the cover of Terrorizer (Prog Special)

• 20-08-2007 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw this while I was in town:

bigt161.jpg

I haven't actually bought a copy of this mag in a long while, but I'm probably going to snap it up tomorrow. Honestly, I think it's one of the best magazines out there, or at least when I was reading it regularly it was. They were never shy about completely bashing an album when it deserved it, so I found them one of the most honest mags out there, and they always gave a lot of coverage to unsigned bands.

I mention this just for Baggio, so he can buy 2 copies. One to read, and one to frame in a special glass case. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I have mine :D . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Saw that in Easons the other day myself. Might have to invest. Geddy Lee is possibly my favourite bass player. I could watch and listen to him play all day. Stick the Rush in Rio dvd on repeat...
    I would also argue that Hemispheres be in the top 5 prog albums ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Bummer, in town today, forgot to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

hahaha goood man Karl - ever soo generous is our karl :)
    yehah great to see the wizzard himself on the front pages of the music mags...how he does it all still makes my mind boggle!!..foot keyboards..epic realllyy tough bass funky riffs - while singing...how does he do it!!?!...i know there are other great bass players out there - mr.wooten and co..but how many of em can play Lee's standard of bass and sing and do foot keyboards all at once...???...naaaa he's the no1 in my very one sided book ehhehe

roll on october..woohoo return of the kings indeed!

ciao' rocking amigos...Baggio..........might see yas in fibbers 1st sept we'll be playing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Baggio wrote:
    roll on october..

I still haven't forgiven you, just so you know...

;)

• Advertisement

Anyone attending the Wembley shows, a good place to meet up is the Green Man Pub.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

galwayrush wrote:
    Anyone attending the Wembley shows, a good place to meet up is the Green Man Pub.:cool:
    Any suggestions for Manchester?

MoominPapa wrote:
    Any suggestions for Manchester?
    Last time we met at the Moon over Water, think that's what it was called, but it's massive.The next night, we went to a place called Jillies, or Gillies, Rock Bar.
    If you're going to Manchester. don't miss Eucon, the world's largest Rush Conference, it's going to ba a smashing day, with a very special guest speaker, last year we had Donna Halper, the woman who discovered Rush.
    You'll find a link to getting tickets on my TNMS link at the bottom.

Galwayrush!,
    ,,,,nice one bud...me will be in birmingham for 12th october NEC concert...in fact my fulll band "Never Say Die" are coming along...will be a great night for sure..nothing happening in birmingham that day is there????

ciao' amigo...Baggio.....

Baggio wrote:
    Galwayrush!,
    ,,,,nice one bud...me will be in birmingham for 12th october NEC concert...in fact my fulll band "Never Say Die" are coming along...will be a great night for sure..nothing happening in birmingham that day is there????

ciao' amigo...Baggio.....
    Last time round, we stayed at a hotel on the NEC grounds, the hotel had a seperate classy Bar, all i remember was it had OWL in it's name, we're hoping to do the same this time round, i'll let you know when our hotels are confirmed.
    Never say Die... has to be Sabbath related.?:cool:
    a meet up would be fantastic, and in a few months time, although probably 08, one of the UK Rush tribute bands will be having a Rush weekend in Galway.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Little bit back on topic, forgot to say it, but I got the magazine anyway, and the whole Prog feature was a very good read indeed.

:) nice one karl,,,your getting there bud :)

Galway rush - I WILLL be there in Galway for that...hey maybe Ill bring the mighty Red Machine down too? ;)

look forward to that...and yeahh deffo will say hi in birmingham bud :)

ciao'...Baggio...

Baggio wrote:
    :) nice one karl,,,your getting there bud :)

Galway rush - I WILLL be there in Galway for that...hey maybe Ill bring the mighty Red Machine down too? ;)

look forward to that...and yeahh deffo will say hi in birmingham bud :)

ciao'...Baggio...

Getting where? :confused:

Also, I should be there for that Rush tribute too, so see you there maybe, Baggio? :D

You have to do your best to get to get to Eucon. I've gone to the last 4, and it's always a fantastic day out. We also have Rush weekend meetings every few months, usually in the UK, but we're having one in Galway in a few months time, so it'll be great to have some more from here attend.. For years, i thought i was the only Rush nut in Ireland,lol.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

From the TNMS web site: :cool:

Following on from the coup of having Donna Halper come to Crewe last year, we are pleased to confirm that our guest speaker at this year's EuCon will be none other than TERRY BROWN!!!!.

Having enjoyed the fascinating stories told by Donna in 2006 about her role in discovering Rush, this year we will get to hear from the "fourth member of Rush" about the band in their 70s (and early 80s) glory.

In light of this announcement I think its fair to say EuCon tickets will sell like buggery, especially as we have placed a full page advert for EuCon to appear in the next edition of Classic Rock.

Thus it is essential you buy your EuCon tickets early to ensure you get to hear Terry tell tales of old.

EuCon website (including ticket details): www.rusheucon.com

(Well done to Ashley. You f***ing ROCK! )

See you at the bar.

it's all getting veryyy exciting eh!?
    hahha will rock in october..cant wait to see them this time...I already know of 1 veryy special song brought back for this tour that ive always wanted to hear live! yet they neverrr played it live...till now!!...no clues, no help on this one heeh wait and see..and hey NOOOOOO i DONT wanna hear any more info about the tour at the mo..that snippet was enough, i loooovve surprises really :)
    Karl Hungus...are you not going over bud?...tut tut if not!,,chance to see the greatest rock band ever , the 3 finest musicians to ever play together...ya gottta go!! ;)......Galway Rush keep me informed about that rush tribute thing in Galway meet the bold mr.hungus etc :) will be there...drummer better be good!!..or ill feck him off the stage, drag on the mighty Red Machine and do the job myself""!" ;)

ciao' amigos...keep on rocking....oh lord chessington...nice touch bud haha a new way of making photos smile - Geddy LEEEEEEEE!!! ;)

Baggio.............

Nah, I'm afraid not Baggio. Perhaps I'll be heading over to see Dream Theater if I have the money. You know me though, DT take precedence over Rush in Karl world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Nah, I'm afraid not Baggio. Perhaps I'll be heading over to see Dream Theater if I have the money. You know me though, DT take precedence over Rush in Karl world.

Blasphemer! :p

Morf wrote:
    Blasphemer! :p

Sorry man, I know Rush were a huge influence on Dream Theater, but I'm just being honest, I've far more DT albums than I do of Rush, I'd much sooner go to see DT live, again. They just do it for me in a way Rush can't.

• Advertisement

Both nights in Rotterdam will be recorded for a DVD release.:cool:

NEC Birmingham declared a sell out.:cool: Only a handful of restricted view seats available.

Advertisement