Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College here we come

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

DCU ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

WIT, it's a "university level" IT.... honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

So I hear with regards to DIT too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Well apparently either Waterford or Carlow IT will have university status very soon and Waterford is odds on to be it as it has a larger campus and has more room for expansion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭opinionated

DCU ftw!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

carlowboy wrote:
    DCU pwns NUIG

DCU who??:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Siobh

psych in trinners!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

WIT administration staff love to try and coax the public into thinking they are a university level institution. In reality, we have a long way to go before our facilities match those of other established universities. They are so concerned with how their image is perceived by the public that they couldn't even organise a piss up in brewery when it comes to the smooth day to day running of the college. With that said, it is much better than most of the other ITs that are out there and we probably will gain university status, maybe even in my lifetime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Ucc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

carlowboy wrote:
    DCU pwns NUIG

DCU? Is that the place they built around the Helix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Gangsta wrote:
    Where's RCSI??:mad:

I didnt even have place for the rest of the ITs nevermind this. Spose I should have made the last choice other but i kinda prefer the current last choice.

WIT administration staff love to try and coax the public into thinking they are a university level institution. In reality, we have a long way to go before our facilities match those of other established universities. They are so concerned with how their image is perceived by the public that they couldn't even organise a piss up in brewery when it comes to the smooth day to day running of the college. With that said, it is much better than most of the other ITs that are out there and we probably will gain university status, maybe even in my lifetime!

I think it'll be sooner than you think. With a lot of construction, it'll happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

DCU ftw!

Hell Yeah!

woooooop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

I love how you're such a part of the college already :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 powerofone

Eh, why is DCU written in Italics?!? was that on purpose? It hints at a twinge of distain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

powerofone wrote:
    Eh, why is DCU written in Italics?!? was that on purpose? It hints at a twinge of distain!!

It's in italics because it's the one you voted for -.-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 powerofone

and whats FTW mean?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

FTW means for the win, makes no sense really ur just bigging up watever ur talking about..ftw

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

The University of Dublin, Trinity College FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

powerofone wrote:

There's always one..

• Advertisement

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    DCU? Is that the place they built around the Helix?

Oh no you didn't...... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

lolz, DCU beats UCD, happy days.

and I don't know of any other college with a theater / other venue on campus. helix FTW.

Helix has two theatres too. FTW x2

Cocoa, you looking for Larkfield too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

carlowboy wrote:
    Helix has two theatres too. FTW x2

Cocoa, you looking for Larkfield too?

yup, I might stoll over to the accomadation office in my lunch break and ask when the offers are sent...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

cocoa wrote:
    lolz, DCU beats UCD, happy days.

and I don't know of any other college with a theater / other venue on campus. helix FTW.

ucd has a small one so does ucc(off campus) nd ul has a large one too but the helix is defo the best one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

UCD, a whole 2 minutes away. I'm really growing up now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

powerofone wrote:
    If you voted for it! :D

cocoa wrote:

Trinity has the Sam Beckett Theatre & Players Theatre.
    jmccrohan wrote:
    The University of Dublin, Trinity College FTW!

You mean the Most Holy and Undivided Trinity of Queen Elizabeth, near Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Taekwon-joe

I heard the greatest line about Trinity today.

"Trinity, where the cream of Ireland go; The rich and thick."

Commence angry responses. :D

I'm kidding but in all seriousness that would have made allot of sense a long time ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

ucc here i come!!!

jus gotta find somewhere to live now

Advertisement