Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friend sorta messed up CAO, advice needed...

Options
  • 20-08-2007 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭

My friend, when filling out his CAO, put down several low points level 8 courses that sounded interesting to him. It turned out that after getting his points on Wednesday, that he was likely to get "Enterprise, Bachelor of Business" in IADT.

He realised a few days after that what he'd actually applied for was a 1 year add on for a level 7 course.(or he presumed) He laughed it off and presumed he'd just get offered Computing in DIT, the next choice on his list.

Today he's gotten offered a course called "Entrepreneurship, Bachelor of Business" in IADT.

Now here's the mindfúck:
    -He applied for a level 8 course with the code DL245.
    -He's gotten offered a level 8 course with the code DL245 called "Entrepreneurship, Bachelor of Business".
    -On IADT's website, DL245 is a level 7 course called "Enterprise, Bachelor of Business", there is no level 8 course listed with that code.
    -On IADT's website, "Entrepreneurship, Bachelor of Business" is a level 8 course which is a one year add on for people who already have an Ordinary Business degree with the code DL243. It doesn't appear that you can even apply for it through the CAO.(this is what he presumed he'd applied for a few days ago)
    -On RTE's list of points, DL245 is listed as a level 8 course called "Business Studies - Entrepreneurship" and DL245 isn't even listed as a level 7 course...

What the hell is going on?

In any case, let's say the worst case scenario occurs, the course he's been offered is just a 1 year add on and he's ineligible for it. Is there any way he can get into Computing in DIT or any other course he has listed below it? (I'm thinking that since the CAO is supposed to offer you your highest preference that you're eligible for and he wouldn't be eligible for this that he might be able to get a different offer....)

Obviously, he's going to call the CAO and possibly IADT, but I thought I'd ask for him here first.

Thanks,
    JC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Ah, it's resolved now. It seems they've changed it from a level 7 to a level 8 course....

Advertisement