Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drama groups in Cork?

Options
  • 20-08-2007 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

Hi i have never acted before but i have decided to take the plunge and give it a go. I am lookling for a list of drama clubs in Cork City, anyone have any info? Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dublin_viking

Well to get the ball rolling check out the following check out the Ocean of Notions workshops and productions.

http://www.ciono.com/oceans

Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 neady99

Well the Gaiety School of Acting has an Adult Theatre Company in Cork along with several different classes run for adults and also children/teens, ring Stella Majewsky who is the artistic director on 0872772029...
    Also you could speak to Peadar Donoghue in the Cork School of Music in regards to their Adult theatre group or the other classes going on there...
    Once oyu start speaking to people like them, at least you'll get to hear about what's available and choose what you think would suit you... I'm currently working with both of them as a member of their different theatre companies and they're really helpful...
    So best of luck!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

neady99 wrote:
    Well the Gaiety School of Acting has an Adult Theatre Company in Cork along with several different classes run for adults and also children/teens, ring Stella Majewsky who is the artistic director on 0872772029...
    Also you could speak to Peadar Donoghue in the Cork School of Music in regards to their Adult theatre group or the other classes going on there...
    Once oyu start speaking to people like them, at least you'll get to hear about what's available and choose what you think would suit you... I'm currently working with both of them as a member of their different theatre companies and they're really helpful...
    So best of luck!!:D

Thats brilliant, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 neady99

No prob, Best of luck with it, you never know we might end up working together in the near future. :)
    Sinéad

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

There are several smaller Drama Groups in Cork - but it may be helpful to go along to the various theatres i.e. The Granary, The Cork Arts Theatre Club (CAT Club) or The Everyman Palace Theatre and let them know you would be interested in performing, ask them about Groups etc. The Cat Club is a lovely small theatre, so excellent when starting off. But if you make contact with the theatres they will probably be able to advise you of different groups, acting working shops - anything coming up. I do voluntary Front-Of-House at the Everyman and some people use that as a stepping stone to meet contacts i.e. fellow actors, production people, back stage crew etc. Best of luck! J

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭emurf

Hi I run a small theatre group based in Castlelyons.We're always looking for new member. If your interested give me a shout 086 1700570

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

emurf wrote:
    Hi I run a small theatre group based in Castlelyons.We're always looking for new member. If your interested give me a shout 086 1700570

I would be, but transport may be an issue for now. I might be in touch.

Btw, where is Castlelyons? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Davedubh

Theres the loft ,cork shakespearean company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Jenniferhough

Did you ever find a good one in Cork? I am hoping to try it out for the first time myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Jenniferhough

Hi i have never acted before but i have decided to take the plunge and give it a go. I am lookling for a list of drama clubs in Cork City, anyone have any info? Any recommendations?

Did you ever find a good one in Cork? I am hoping to try it out for the first time myself...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Contact the DLI www.dli.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kamel

HI!
    I am a french girl (and I don't speak english very well yet!) and I would like to participate at the Gaiety School's courses during the second quarter 2008-2009.
    Do you think that's possible?
    Are they accepting students from other nationalities?

I dont' succeed to call them.

Thanks for your answers...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

Hey everyone,
    I am wondering if anyone can help me with this. The local community group in the parish I live in are staging 'The Poor Beast in the rain' in January.
    It was written by Billy Roche as part of the Wexford Trilogy and is set in a betting shop on the weekend of the All Ireland final.
    I know it was on BBC a few years ago with Liam Cunningham playing a role, but if anyone knows of any version available for sale on DVD, I would really appreciate it?
    Many Thanks,
    James.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ceadarwoodman

We are a drama group in Glengarriff West Cork, Visit our site here

http://www.gtg.ie/

Anyone interested can contact us here

http://www.gtg.ie/index.php/contact-us/contact-form/'

looking forward to hearing from you
    Glengarriff Theatre Group!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭brianw25

hey,

I was wondering does anyone no any cork based drama/acting groups in around the city...anywhere that you wouldnt need transport basically!

any info would be well appreciated

Advertisement