Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lapierre cherokee any good?

Options
  • 20-08-2007 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey there
    Does anyone know if the lapierre cherokee is any good went and bought one. Was on a bit of a mission at the weekend, but not sure if i got what i wanted. I will be doing a commute on it and want to take it out at the weekends. Can someone assure me that its an ok bike, or should i take it back? I had an idea when i went in i wanted a fast bike.. think i got side tracked..
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Itsfixed

You mean this?

It looks grand for the weekend rides but for commuting, it doesn' have full mudguards, and a suspension fork wouldn't have been my choice, if only because it makes it look too desirable and liable to be nicked. It also adds unnecessary weight. The 35mm tyres are more than thick enough to deal with Dublin streets.

If you're having second thoughts, you should be able to exchange it for something else (as long has you haven't scratched it). There are loads of decent alternatives for less than €700. You could get the same frame but with a rigid fork and have some money leftover for mudguards and lock and other accessories, assuming you haven't bought them. Or waterproofs, if you're commuting particularly with the dismal weather we're having !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

You can easily add mudguards to most bikes (and a rack.) Most bikes don't come with these as standard, and the ones that do are rarely fast for the weekend (unless you are buying an expensive audax bike.) Suspension is unnecessary unless you are taking a bike off-road but if you have already bought it I wouldn't fret too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pants1

thanks for you thougths, took it out last night and it's grand. I had mud gards from my old bike and i can lock the suspension out. Got a few locks as well so its all good, Cheers

Advertisement