Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternatives To Adobe After Effects 7.0

• 20-08-2007 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

Im after installing After Effects on my laptop however it crashes soon after startup. I have installed the latest updates but with no results, I think it might not be Vista compatible so I was wondering what are the best alternatives out there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

cooperguy wrote:
    Im after installing After Effects on my laptop however it crashes soon after startup. I have installed the latest updates but with no results, I think it might not be Vista compatible so I was wondering what are the best alternatives out there?

ae cs3?

The only other pc based software that is worth having a look at is eyeon fusion. Although it is more a compositing tool it can still do the majority of what ae does.

What are the specs on your laptop.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Im running Vista with dual core 1.6, 2gb RAM and a GeForce Go 7600.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

After effects 7 and CS3 work fine with Vista..

The 3d accelerated Desktop messes with them and with UAC enabled they dont have the same rights they had in XP

To make ae 7 and CS3 work in Vista

1. Right click the shortcut --> Properties --> Compatability
    2. Under Settings, Choose "Disable Desktop Composition"
    3. If you have UAC (User Account Control) Enabled, Go to Privelage Level, and choose " Run this Program as an Administrator"
    4. Click Ok
    5. Enjoy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

cooperguy wrote:

Delete Vista and load up XP. Wait for a year for vista to have bugs ironed out and reload it (maybe). I haven't used Vista, XP is grand. Does Vista also have something like 19 programs running which give feedback to Microsoft about usage and so on?

Advertisement