Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insuring contents of rented student accommodation

Options
  • 20-08-2007 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for an insurance company that will insure the contents of rented student accommodation. Over the Summer I bought a laptop and since it is vital for my course I want to insure it against fire & theft. However after ringing a few places I've had no success so far.

Does anyone know any insurance companies that will insure the contents of rented student accommodation? I'm about to send an email to the students services office of my college asking essentially the same thing, but I don't expect to hear back from them for some time.

I'd really appreciate any advice on this. :)

Comments

You should probably try and insure the lap-top for 'all risks' under your parents house insurance policy. I doubt that you will be able to get a specific policy for it.

I think that AXA have a feature on their house policy whereby a child (who is a student) can insure their contents while they are at college under the main household policy.

Advertisement