Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn infested with dandelions

Options
  • 20-08-2007 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Both our front and back lawns are overrun with dandelions. I bought this pellet stuff last year that mutated some of the dandelions into crazy two-headed beasts and then appeared to kill them. This year, however, they or their kin have returned and are annoying me.

Is there anything I can get that I can pour over the lawn without worrying about it killing everything, grass included? Preferably something semi-natural / organic although will use weed killer if necessary. They have mocked me long enough.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Spray (Dry Day!!!) with Verdone, works a treat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

give the neighborhood kids one euro for every twenty dandelions they pull up. cheap labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭chabsey

Spray (Dry Day!!!) with Verdone, works a treat.

Nice one, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

I've found Verdone to be ineffective and a waste of money. Merely tickles the dandelions. Spot treat with Roundup or Tumbleweed. A knockout punch.
    Japanese for dandelion is Tampopo, btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Dandelions - quite tasty in salads I believe

• Advertisement
Advertisement