Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water crisis over!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

I'll brush my teeth with it, in a few weeks, but I won't be drinking it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

hallelujah.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Had no problem brushing the choppers during the crisis. However, I still won't drink it. It still smells and looks horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i'd like to thank the flying spaghetti monster for once again saving us!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I aint drinkin no stinkin Galway water

/swigs buckfast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I still pee into the Corrib :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Yay!

Thats a good €4 I'm going to save every week. I might put that money into my drinking fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I've been drinking it since the crisis and haven't got sick.
    Living out in Turloughmore

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

JohnCleary wrote:
    I still pee into the Corrib :p
    Fish also have sex in that water.

I've been drinking the tap water since June and I didn't need the Tribune to photograph each glass I drank. Beat *that*, Padraig Conneely you publicity grabbing swine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭R0C0

The water is fine to drink, **** sake.. man up!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's been so great having it back.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

water-comic-strip.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

I never drank that ****e straight from the tap anyway, it tastes like a swimming pool, always used one of those filters. Then when the boil notice started I happened to start a new job and in the office is one of those huge water coolers so I just fill up from that, not brushing your teeth with tap water is a bit paranoid and a waste I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I have been buying galway bottled water and I think I will continue to do so for a while. (I hope they continue their offer- or was that subsidised by GCC)

Where does this water actually come from though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

diag_water_cycle.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Had a big glass this morning. Stomach ok so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

They put in a new UV plant at Terryland I think

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah they got one.

Will tkae like 2 days for you to lknow if you ave it biko.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Really?
    I usually sharted it out moments after consumption.

Funny you should mention Terryland, I took a nice, long, steamy p1ss right beside the intake earlier on today. I plan on doing the same tomorrow, would be glad to take a picture, if to simply caption 'Drink my wee!' :D

PS. My fingers smell like Kebab curry :o

• Advertisement

SyxPak wrote:
    Really?
    I usually sharted it out moments after consumption.
    From what I know:
    'People usually develop symptoms 2 to 10 days after ingesting the parasite.'

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Bonus points to Syxpak for use of the word "shart".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

JohnCleary wrote:
    Funny you should mention Terryland, I took a nice, long, steamy p1ss right beside the intake earlier on today. I plan on doing the same tomorrow, would be glad to take a picture, if to simply caption 'Drink my wee!' :D

PS. My fingers smell like Kebab curry :o

Charming. I hope your mother's proud of you! :D

Charming. I hope your mother's proud of you! :D

Just getting back to nature :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

I won't be drinking it for a long time to come, and I'll tell you why: possibility of long term liver damage. If I'm getting long term liver damage I want to have fun while doing it goddammit, not providing a mobile home for some freeloading parasites!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah they got one.

Will tkae like 2 days for you to lknow if you ave it biko.
    It's now been two days and I'm ok :D Free water (still foul tasting) here I come.

Cold water all tastes the same, put it in the fridge from teh tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

a water filter helps improve the taste a little. get yourself a cheap water filter from aldi. not sure if they have the jug there too... but nice cheap filters for 'em :)

Get a Brita filter, they are clearly the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

brittas.jpg

Advertisement