Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I keep dreaming of Planes Crashing

• 20-08-2007 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

A few weeks ago I dreamt I was on a plane, and that the plane was about to crash. In the dream the plane had nose dived and was twirling around and around.

I woke up before we hit the ground down, so I never got a proper ending to the dream.

In the second dream I was at a tropical holiday resort.

All the holiday makers were partying and there was lots of hula dancers putting on a show.
    I was up on the roof garden of a hotel when I saw a plane crash into all the holiday makers.
    There was fire everywhere and I could see people screaming and running and dying, but I didn't run down to help them, I just watched.

In the third dream I was in a big park, or field, with friends (although I didnt actually know any of the people in my dream from real life).
    I looked into the sky and saw a plane in the distance, and noticed it was on fire.
    The first thing I said to myself was 'Oh, God no, not again' and then I shouted to everyone, "Look, look, that plane is on fire".
    As everyone looked the plane hit the ground and exploded, a huge flame, like the flame from a bomb, rushed up in the air.
    We could see people falling from the sky, in the distance, and I remember thinking, 'Oh God, that must be dead bodies I can see, falling from the explosion'.
    I started running towards the plane, and I climbed over a big, fallen tree, and on the other side of the tree was a young family. A man and a woman, and two small children.
    They were picking themselves off the ground, and they had parachutes on their backs.

I ran to the man and asked was everyone OK, he said yes, everyone had survived as they were all wearing parachutes.
    I looked around, and sure enough, there was tonnes of people, scattered all over the place, picking themselves up and taking their parachutes off.

Anyhow, I am wondering, all these dreams of planes crashing, should I be worried about someone belonging to me travelling by plane, or is their a deeper meaning to it all?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Well rest assured something like that would probably never ever happen. In fact, theres only 0.00000000001% of a chance of that happening. Flying is safer than crossing the road....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fifi-the-minx

Hey Mrs Doyle, I had similar plane dreams,

I seen a dream analyst just recently and she told me that planes are closely linked to birds when it comes to symbolism, and birds in a dream sybolise your spirituality.

Wonder if this helps in any way for you to analyse these dreams?

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I like that they all had parachutes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Do you have a fear of flying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

No, not at all. I travel via plane a couple of times a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    No, not at all. I travel via plane a couple of times a year.

Can I apply a simplistic interpretation?

What do you travel by plane a couple of times a year for?? I would imagine there to be some upheavels in your life. Property moves or dealings...these things all cause very high stress levels on us. Employers/managers have been known to dream of crowds and multitudes too.

You really need to speak to a person, kinda difficult in writing!! You don't get a feel for the person giving the info!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi Mrs Doyle,

A lot of people theorise that your dreams have a deeper more fundamental meaning in your everyday life.

A dream of a plane crashing, is actually a very common dream. It doesn't signify anything to do with an actual plane crashing though, its more a symbolic dream- and its meaning tends to be that you have a feeling of being in "freefall" of one type or another (work/social life/personal life?) and that its time to take concrete steps to reassert your core goals and values into your life. The plane crashing signifies anxiousness on your part.

The second dream of watching a plane crashing is symbolic of feelings of helplessness. This may signify change in the distant future (planes being associated with great distance). Its very possible that the change may be a positive thing though.

The third dream where the plane crashes but everyone survives- tends to have a different meaning. Its thought that this one focuses on past events in your life which were very traumatic for you. Despite the trauma of these events- you survive and have gotten to where you are today. The dream signifies a victory over adversery- winning, or surviving, despite very high odds.

There are several very good (and very interesting) out there on dreams and what they mean in our everyday lives. A very good one that I've read is Dreams and Nightmares by Ernest Hartmann. Another book entitled "Dream Alchemy”, by Jane Teresa Anderson - has a specific section dealing just with different types of plane crashes (might be an idea to see if there is a copy in your local library?)

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

I had a dream I was on a plane that crashed last week. The flames then started to burn me alive. Woke up very quickly. It was very real could even feel my stomach turning as the plane was coming down. I wouldnt read too much into it though. Every time i drive a car in a dream the breaks never work. Sometimes the car will slow down but it never comes to a complete stop. So im used to crashes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

similar dream my self last night, where i plane i was on crashed just after take off, the plane failed to get enough spped down the runway, and rather than clear a fly over at the end, flew under it, before crashing between a row of houses

no need to analysis, just thought it was kind of freaky,

Advertisement