Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mark Ronson "The Producer"

• 20-08-2007 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Why does Mark Ronson get so much respect, credit and called a producer. When all he really does is get famous people to do covers of other famous tunes.

Granted they sound good but I dont see why he get all the credit, what about his band, in particular the trumpet players, they are the real stars I think.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Mark Ronson IS a producer, fair enough that he took popular songs, changed the singers and sound of the song to produce an equally good track, but HE produced the sound, the ppl who played the music played it the way he told them to.. He has been a producer for years, was a DJ before that, his last album was better i think, it wasn't known tracks reproduced.....

I liked the Ohh Wie track years ago, but could never find the album (here comes the Fuzz), until now becuase he's hit the mainstream.... Thankfully, cause its now the most played album on my Zen.

Check it out, it is worth a listen to.

P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Theres a wierd new trend of the producers beoming the new popstars....Mark Ronson,Calvin Harris and Timberland are all 'producers' apparently.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭CmX

I have a feeling its because off the fact that the music is getting better than the vocalists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Is this guy anything to do with the classic House music club Up Yer Ronson in the mid 1990's in Leeds and they released a number of cool compilations.

http://www.discogs.com/release/92378

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

jonny68 wrote:
    Is this guy anything to do with the classic House music club Up Yer Ronson in the mid 1990's in Leeds and they released a number of cool compilations.

http://www.discogs.com/release/92378
    Nope

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

BaZmO* wrote:
    Nope

oh right then ive never heard of this guy then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

jonny68 wrote:
    oh right then ive never heard of this guy then.
    Not sure why this thread is in this Forum but I'm sure you've heard his music though. He's mainly known for doing remixes with the likes of Lily Allen, Amy "Trainwreck" Winehouse, and Producing stuff for the two already mentioned as well as Christina "Dirrty Cnut" Aguilera and Robbie Williams. He also co-wrote Kanye West's "Jesus Walks" track form his first album.

He's most famous for his track Ooh Wee ft. Ghostface, Trife & Nate Dogg

Talented man but obviously not everybodies cup of tea.

edit - He's also a DJ so that's probably why it's in this Forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

the guys a fairly decent arranger and that's all there is too it really. As for the trumpet players being the real stars..
    you know much about trumpet players?

Advertisement