Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

06 Fiesta - argument with a parked car

Options
  • 20-08-2007 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hello all,
    I have a 06 Fiesta, 1.4 with a semi-automatic gearbox. I passed my test a year ago in a manual, but Ive got a bad leg due to an ilness so Ive bought myself the automatic - which is fantastic.
    Anyway, my query is that at the weekend I had a bit of a bump to a Parked car. I somehow made a mistake and instead of putting the car in reverse, it was in drive, and I scraped the front left corner of my car off the back of the parked car.
    Now, the other car wasnt damaged at all, just some paint, I left a note on the windshield and spoke to the owner and she was absolutely fine about it. It was a 99 Opel Astra and she wasnt really bothered at all about the paint - lucky break for me. I apologised profusely anyway, as it was completely my own stupid fault. Such a dumb mistake to make.
    My car however is slightly damaged. Its scratched and the bumper is slightly bent in at the very corner and two or three of the pins that fix it to the car body are bent.
    My questions to you knowledgeable folk in Motors are:
    Should I get it fixed straight away - ie. will the bumper fall off.
    Any estimates on cost?
    Would it have to go to a panel beater, or will I need a new bumper?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Kind Regards,
    Pipp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Bumper will not fall off, but my guess is your eventually going to repair it, so might as well get it done now. Expect to pay about 150 in a body shop

Advertisement