Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

16 Year Old Walsall trainee collapses and dies during training

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Just saw the news on tv, very, very sad :(

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

SADS strikes again? :(:(

Poor lad

R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Very sad, RIP

I shouldn't be specualting but I wonder is this SADS (Sudden Adult Death Syndrome), like Marc Vivean Foe, the Man City player as an example

Seems to affect athletes and extremly fit people which just isn't right :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

micmclo wrote:
    Very sad, RIP

I shouldn't be specualting but I wonder is this SADS (Sudden Adult Death Syndrome), like Marc Vivean Foe, the Man City player as an example

Marc Vivean Foe is the first name that came to my head as well. I hadn't heard the term 'SADS' before and, as you say it's only speculation, but it's a scary thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Tragic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Ar dheis de go raibh a anam dilis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Thats a shame to hear. Have they discovered what causes SADs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Very sad.
    R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

micmclo wrote:
    Very sad, RIP

It just happens to strike people who are fit and in the spot light. AFAIK there isnt any link too being fit and SADS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

RIP
    very sad :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

SADS is an extra electrical current running to the Heart.
    A friend of mine was diagnosed with it as a 21 year old. He's a full time athlete in America. He was blessed, he had an ashtama attack and the doctors picked it up.
    His family all had to be tested for it.

Its awfully sad, they dont seem to know what causes it. Orginally they thought it was crentine(sp) which rugby and gaa players take, but ppl from all other sports are being struck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

Condolences for the junior players family ... it goes to show awareness needs to be raised as this isnt a new thing, just misunderstood.

One of my close friends died 4 weeks ago, and its said that SADS (sudden arrythmic death syndrome) was the culprit. Unfortunately it is now being shown to claim people of a young age, generally between the ages of 16-35. There doesnt seem to be any theory as to when it can happen only in that heightened physical strain can trigger it - whether it be a slowing or speeding up of beats.

Just two months ago my 18 year old cousin had to have a pace-maker fitted as he was having periods of sleep when his heart would stop altogether!

A group of my footballing friends have organised a charity event to take place as a result of my friends death to raise awareness - we have come into contact with this group in Ireland and they seem to be very knowledgable, and helpful. I suggest everyone has a look.

http://www.cry.ie/faq.aspx#2

Advertisement