Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cross roads on John Street nr Langtons

• 20-08-2007 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭

Been driving in Ireland a while now (10 years-ish) but have no idea on what to do at the cross roads on John's Street in KK just passed Langtons.

Its the cross roads with 4 pelican crossing style lights but drivers dont always seem to either let pedestrians cross or let cars out.

If driving up Johns street I assume I have right of way (if going straight on) as I am on the main road and let people out (from the left) if traffic ahead is stopped.

Maybe a redesign is necessary ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Another really stupid one that's been mentioned here before is the pedestrian crossing on the mart side of Green's Bridge. Drivers turning left from the swimming pool can't see it or anybody using it because of the bloody house in the way. Talk about idiotic design.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Theres a dreadful one at the bottling store across from the cinema too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

The newish unmanned pedestrian crossing at the Hebron Road roundabout is lethal as well. An awful lot of motorists either don't see it or choose not to see it and put their foot down as they head out towards the Castlecomer Road. I'm amazed nobody's been mowed down yet.

I've also noticed motorists not using their common sense when it comes to crossing junctions with traffic lights on them when it's obvious that the road ahead of them is backed up with traffic even though there's a green light. It ends up with them blocking junctions as they wait for the traffic in front of them to clear and they stop other motorists who now have the green light from being able to move. I've seen this behaviour at the crossroads at the top of John Street and on the New Street/High Street T-Junction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I see that kind of behaviour a lot at the Dean St/Irishtown/Vicar St junction.

Advertisement