Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

starting out in law.help

• 20-08-2007 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

i was hoping that some of the fully fledged lawyers could offer some advice as i seem to have come to a block in not knowing what the next logical step in my goal of becoming a solicitor is.
    at the moment i have finished a post grad in legal studies. i know that the immediate logical step is to sit and pass the FE1's but due to a clerical error i will not be sitting them until spring now.
    so i was wondering what is the best advice at the moment. should i be looking for any sort of job i can find in any law firm so that i will at least be gaining experience while waiting for my exams? or should i be applying for trainee placres despite not having yet completed my FE1's?
    i know these all seem like obvious questions but i honestly don't know what is expected of me at the moment or where things like internships/trainnes places are advertised.any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I would say try and get whatever experience you can in the field. It's pretty crowded at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

take a shot at trying to get a traineeship. firms do take on people that have yet to sit the fe1's and that applies to the big firms too. even if u didnt get one interview experience is always handy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 walshy1

If you're still having trouble finding work in Law you should consider attending the law society's seminar on 'Finding a Training contract'. It's usually run twice a year and it only costs like €40.

You try their web site www.lawsociety.ie or give them a bell at the Law School 01 6724802

Advertisement