Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering Law...

Options
  • 20-08-2007 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

I'm going into 6th year now and think I'll get the points for it. It's one of a few courses I'm looking at at the moment that interest me and was wondering what people have to say on it. From the interesting and life changing to the pleasantries.

Is it actually interesting or would it bore, is the course worthwhile, I was told by our Guidance Counselour (sp?), who isn't the best that the course isn't great as you can only really use it as an entry to a better course.

What are the placements like towards the final years?

What's this I hear about a year in a North American Uni?

Oh and the social life too of course

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

From the people I spoke to, it's supposed to be very boring.

I think you should do a degree you are interested in, do you like spending hours in a library reading through small texted books??

The social life is what you make it to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 proletarian

I'm going into second year, and I really like it. You have very few hours, but you have to do alot of work yourself - it's not that much hassle, but you need a head for facts and such. If you're into English and History it's a good indicator of whether you'll be suited. Your head will be fried for a while over it but elements of it are seriously interesting - then I'm supposed to be going inot the boring year...

You can maintain a perfectly normal college social life while studying Law. Depending on your definition of normal.

Advertisement