Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus 737 Assistance

• 20-08-2007 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello all,

I'm working on a series of illustrations of Boeing 737s for an upcoming book. I've searched all over the web, but I can't locate the ship name (St. Somebody, undoubtedly) of Aer Lingus's first 737-248, EI-ASA. Lots of photos, but none clear enough to read the name. I'm illustrating the left side of the a/c, where the name is generally in English.

If anyone has any information, or could point me to a fleet list that shows the names, I'd be most grateful!

Cheers,

Jennings Heilig
    Newport, Virginia USA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Hi there,

I assume you've searched on airliners.net by airline? I would hotlink a few images for you, but the site doesn't allow it. There are quite a few anoraks (and one or two employees) that will be happy to assist, I imagine.

Edit: The aircraft in question was called St. Jarlath, from http://www.irishaircraftspotting.com/ein_old_fleets.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jennings

Hi,

Yes, I've searched every airliner database, aircraft database, and every other thing I can think to search. Loads of photos and aircraft history, just nothing that showed the name of that particular aircraft. So St. Jarlath it is then.

Thanks!

J

No probs. Good luck with your work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jennings

Very nice indeed. It's good to see a piece of history remembered in this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Now for bonus points can anybody remember what Aer Lingus's first B737-300 was ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭FunkyDa

EI-BUD?

St. Lawrence O'Toole?

Advertisement