Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JKR changed her mind ??

Options
  • 20-08-2007 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

After reading the 7th book .. I think JKR changed her mind ..

when reading
    the end .. it seems she had Harry set to die .. then he doesn't it seems the flow is contradicted , D'dore said they must both be killed at one stage (flashbacks with Snape) but now it seems he can kill him without dying .. I think she asked her kids for their opinion , when they didn't like Harry dying (no kid would) she changed it ..
    which is a pity cos it would have made the book more powerfull...

I think i read once that she asks her kids for their opinions when writing .. also she said on another interview
    that one character got a reprieve and 2 more died that weren't supposed to ?
    Im guessing this was Harry himself .. or one of his close friends (Ron or Hermione) none of the major deaths that she promised ever really happened ..
    Fred ?? he wasn't a HUGE character .. just a fill in really ? .
    I expected it like the end of book 6 ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Didnt she say somewhere that
    Mr. Weasly
    was meant to be killed but in the end she couldnt bring herself to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

I won't say she changed her mind...she had the plot of all the books planned out long before she wrote them...

She said in interviews that the two who died were Tonks & Lupin, and that Mr. Weasley was supposed to die instead but she changed her mind.

The above did indeed look as though it was rushed though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

OK I hope that is true, I would hate to think she changed her mind
    from pressure ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I was SO convinced that
    Ron was going to die. Luna was brought in as the new comedy element. Ron was a quiddich hero, there's afew more things I can't remember now but I was 100% sure that he was going to die. When he didn't I thought it was a copout. Of course, this is as a 30 yearold speaking. Not sure how I would feel if I was actually in the target agegroup :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement