Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

camo

• 20-08-2007 5:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

just wondering what camo everybody is wearing , and does anyone wear a full face mask with visior, are they comfortable for long periods,or is everybody wearing standard mesh masks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I have british army forest DPM and a Viper Vest. A balaclava and sensei mask. bit warm but no welts:D
    thumb_p_body_protection_sensei_sg5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I like the British DPM pattern myself. Have full tops and bottoms in that.

Also have a DPM boonie, DPM Webtex chest rig and some pattern 58 webbing I want to give a go. (Praying it's not horribly uncomfortable)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

Currently I have all black playing gear (boots, mask, pants, tac vest, marker).

But i am looking into getting in some woodland digi camo. Dirt cheap from china.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

acu at the moment, but really wanna get some multicam, also, i wear a Scott paintball mask which has detachable face/ear guard and peak, it's very comfortable and never fogs up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Oberleutnant

Bah new fangled camo, for big girls!

Oldschool is how i roll, pound the ground in OD Vietnam Stlyie!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Wearing German flecktarn , dead cheap from this store and blends well in HRTA.
    British , American and other Camo are also available from here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

I'm using Russian Federation Tiger Bekas and Guarder balistic glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

dont mean to hijack this but would any of you lads know if theres a shop i can walk into either here or up north, for the sake of trying items on before buying? Im having a helluva hard time ordering things off the net - lets say im uhm....im not the same size i was when i joined the RAF ;)

cheers lads

(or shiva...how handy would you be in this case bud?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i have 3 types...acu, using a neoprene mask and i want to get what kdouglas has there on the googles front, subdued tiger stripe (have not used it yet) and the subdued tiger stripe swat outfit...again i have not used that yet. i might go for the multicam when the price drops a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Waylander24

If and when I go to a skirmish, I'll probably wear either my Multicam or my MARPAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bewildered

I have no idea what places like HRTA are like, but would CADPAT be really unsuiteable? One of my mates is over in america and he's picking me up some cheap army surplus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

odonnell wrote:
    dont mean to hijack this but would any of you lads know if theres a shop i can walk into either here or up north, for the sake of trying items on before buying? Im having a helluva hard time ordering things off the net - lets say im uhm....im not the same size i was when i joined the RAF ;)

cheers lads

(or shiva...how handy would you be in this case bud?)

They have a size comparison chart in the FAQ section on Flecktarn if thats any help to you.

N.O.I.P. wrote:
    They have a size comparison chart in the FAQ section on Flecktarn if thats any help to you.

i know bud...it doesnt actually tell you anything new like...

example - you wear a 40-42 shirt irl ... you order the corresponding shirt from flecktarn.... it turns out to be a few sizes too large.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Couple of sizes too large across the chest or in leg length is fine, depends. Just get the waist size right and nothing else too oversized and you'll be fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Harekin wrote:
    Couple of sizes too large across the chest or in leg length is fine, depends. Just get the waist size right and nothing else too oversized and you'll be fine!

Lol ... say that when the crotch is swinging between your knees.

Lol ... say that when the crotch is swinging between your knees.

how do you know some of us dont need that? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭davvowl

im a multicam guy :D

currently using a chinese made bdu (real good one though) with neoprene knee inserts.
    and phantom RRV with a setup of emdom multicam pouches, and that sexy hsgi cap :p
    oh and i looove my mechanix gloves. they're like a second skin :)

i think i got a pic somewhere lemme see.

edit: here they are :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Just got some DMP solider 95 stuff, I'm overjoyed with it, even wearing it to work.

Advertisement