Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIDS and homosexuality

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Also to the poster talking about cirumcision reducing the chances of catching it, the jury's still out on that one

http://www.aidsmap.com/en/news/6F898D49-BF01-4E6E-AFAC-2C3D274D91EB.asp

I can't find the link abot the initial studies. But if memory serves me correctly they were undertaken in Africa amongst heterosexual men and a reduced incidence was found in zones where circumscision was practiced. It was quite a "big" thing at the time.

Read in your link there on the australian and it was interesting.
    The proviso re receptive anal sex being the primary mode of transmission and hence circumscision not being effective. Well, it may reduce in the same way a co infection like syphillis will increase. Still it is not carte blanche for circumscied males to throw caution to the wind, that should be made clear.

I am really raising an eyebrow at the Duesberg hypothesis.

Anyone remember the Gallo HIV/HTLV argument.? there is no doubt in my mind that it lead to researchers hiding their data and set back research.

I do recall it was an uncomfortable time to be exploring sexuality in london when all this was going on, in the early 80's for many reasons. hysteria not being the least of them

Advertisement