Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyber City Oedo 808

Options
  • 20-08-2007 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭

Why hasn't this received a region 2 release yet?

It's one of the best Anime series I've ever seen and was my first introduction to Cyber Punk.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

could'nt agree more with you!i got this on vhs a while back and i love it,if you like the whole cyber punk thing,you should check out angel cop 1-6 also,some great oldschool manga right there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Brings me back to when Bravo used to play anime all the time. :) I have one of the DVDs that is Region 1. This is the one I have, it is listed there as 'All Regions'. Looks like the collection is only available in Region 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep. I have that one.... The music in it is different from the one that Manga Video released on VHS in the 90s though.

I love all the over the top swearing in the dub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Great series, recently watched in online. The Nostalgia was mighty.

Actually just want ot hijack your thread for a sec. Can anyone remember the name of a manga film where there wer two worlds a demon world and ours? It had an earth agent working together with another agent from the demon world who were attempting to stop a bunch of terrorists who believed the Humans should be their slaves?

Her nails would turn into these long red blade type things. Can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

Other classics I liked were

Vampire Hunter D (both 1 & 2)
    Ninja Scroll
    Street Fighter 2 -which i just recently got

I'm sure there were loads more but the memory goes a little hazy in old age.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think your either talking about wicked city or else monster city,most likely monster city,both are great films though,two classic mangas there i'd highly recommend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

layke wrote:
    Great series, recently watched in online. The Nostalgia was mighty.

Actually just want ot hijack your thread for a sec. Can anyone remember the name of a manga film where there wer two worlds a demon world and ours? It had an earth agent working together with another agent from the demon world who were attempting to stop a bunch of terrorists who believed the Humans should be their slaves?

Her nails would turn into these long red blade type things. Can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

Yep Sephiroth Dude is right it sounds like Monster City. Have it on VHS somewhere in the attic. Regarding Cyber City Oedo 808 i only had the first volume VHS, the one where it had the Black haired cop guy doing his mission. I heard that the the second volume, the guy with mo-hawk and visor was supoosed to be a brilliant one. Couldn't find it anywhere though

you should definitely get those other 2 volumes there well worth it,i got all 3 on the one vhs tape from amazon so i was well chuffed =D angel cop is worth checking out too,but if your gonna get,try and get the vhs tape with all 6 episodes,well worth it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

There's 3 in total of 808.

And thanks folks if I recall it was indeed one of those. I watched Oedo 808 online quite recently good show.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

layke wrote:
    There's 3 in total of 808.

And thanks folks if I recall it was indeed one of those. I watched Oedo 808 online quite recently good show.
    Wicked City is what you're recalling, although Demon City Shinjuku (aka Monster City) had a similar theme.

Advertisement