Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Women .... what's your problem??

Options
  • 20-08-2007 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Seriously, yous are the most uncourteous road users I've ever encountered. You are consistently stingy, mean and almost venemous to other road users. You gaurd the space infront of you like it's your gateway to heaven and have seemingly no generousity for other (male?) drivers.

The odd exception aside, I never encounter the same attitude from bloke drivers. Personally, I'm very courteous to other road users. As long as you're not taking the complete piss I'll let you into my lane, I'll let you out of that corner ... I'll even indicate when I'm using roundabouts!! But women are just plane MEAN.

Does anyone else see this, or is just me?

Personally I think they're so mean because they have a percieved inequality in life and compensate for that by instinctively ****ing men over every chance they get, with their little 'triumphs' for the 'sisterhood'. Valid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Huge generalisation. I see the same attitude from both sexes on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

No comment.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shakenbake

There's nothing wrong with generalisations, if they are correct :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

shakenbake wrote:
    Seriously, yous are the most uncourteous road users I've ever encountered. You are consistently stingy, mean and almost venemous to other road users. You gaurd the space infront of you like it's your gateway to heaven and have seemingly no generousity for other (male?) drivers.

The odd exception aside, I never encounter the same attitude from bloke drivers. Personally, I'm very courteous to other road users. As long as you're not taking the complete piss I'll let you into my lane, I'll let you out of that corner ... I'll even indicate when I'm using roundabouts!! But women are just plane MEAN.

Does anyone else see this, or is just me?

Personally I think they're so mean because they have a percieved inequality in life and compensate for that by instinctively ****ing men over every chance they get, with their little 'triumphs' for the 'sisterhood'. Valid?

Never encounted a unfriendly wimmen driver in my days, personally i think women are more safe drivers than us men, but we can parallel park!:p

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

now that i think about it men seem to let you out more often when coming onto the m50 although that could be because there are more men driving?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

This reminds me, I've given up letting anyone out at junctions or when changing lanes after about 90% of people decided not to give the wave of light flash. I fine women are the worst offenders.
    As for volvo drivers comment, I think when men do something wrong they know they're doing it, but women just do crazy manouvers without even realising it!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

shakenbake wrote:
    Seriously, yous are the most uncourteous road users I've ever encountered. You are consistently stingy, mean and almost venemous to other road users. You gaurd the space in front of you like it's your gateway to heaven and have seemingly no generousity for other (male?) drivers
    Have mercy on them. It is a scientific fact that their spatial sense is less developed. That is why they (in their Micras and Corsas) cling to the vehicle in front of them, even if it is a tractor driven by a 90-year-old with dementia. (For that reason they are the main cause of queues.) Let them get past, and wait for a man to let you in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention. I'm sure women everywhere would be terribly upset that you have such problems with a gender as a whole. I'll bring it up at the next general meeting and hopefully you'll notice an improvement over the coming weeks.

Oh, by the way, every close call I've had while driving usually involves a male pulling out in front of me without bothering to check for traffic on either side. Perhaps you could address this problem, as they are clearly not isolated incidents, but occur as a result of the male gender's inability to turn their head from side to side while driving, perhaps also because men consider themselves 'superior' drivers who are able to detect oncoming traffic using their superior male senses.

Seriously, what IS your problem?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

One of the safest drivers Ive ever come across has been a female taxi driver!!

You know the saying, "two wrongs dont make a right".....There are exceptions to the rule of course! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mini Maple

What’s with putting down female drivers??? There are bad UN courteous drivers in both sexes! everyone gets annoyed if people try to get ahead if they have been sitting in bad traffic for hours trying to get home!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

mini Maple wrote:
    What’s with putting down female drivers??? There are bad UN courteous drivers in both sexes! everyone gets annoyed if people try to get ahead if they have been sitting in bad traffic for hours trying to get home!!!
    There's a difference between queue jumping and negotiating a junction. A bit of courtesy hurts nobody. I agree though poor (discourteous) drivers do come from both sexes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Gauge wrote:
    Oh, by the way, every close call I've had while driving usually involves a male pulling out in front of me without bothering to check for traffic on either side. Perhaps you could address this problem, as they are clearly not isolated incidents, but occur as a result of the male gender's inability to turn their head from side to side while driving, perhaps also because men consider themselves 'superior' drivers who are able to detect oncoming traffic using their superior male senses.
    Are you sure you weren't pulling off a slip road and the man was on the main road? You probably stalled the car and got confused

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

There are some Extremely poor drivers out there.
    Both Women and Men.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Volvoboy wrote:
    Never encounted a unfriendly wimmen driver in my days, personally i think women are more safe drivers than us men, but we can parallel park!:p
    Oh yeah, rub our noses in it! :mad:

It's so true...:p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

There was a survey on this a while back.. Its not all women apparently..
    Just women who are mid forties plus and usually ones who have successful careers..

From what they found, they had spent so much of their career fighting tooth and nail for what they got, they refuse to giv up anything, including any space in front of their cars on motorways, wont let you over take them as they feel like you're skipping the queue and wont let you into traffic from a junction as again you're taking what place is theirs.

Seems like a few here have experienced it..

I've experienced it from guys too, so not just the women who do it

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Quint wrote:
    I think when men do something wrong they know they're doing it, but women just do crazy manouvers without even realising it!

bit of truth to this. Men do stupid and dangerous things but could probably tell you afterwards exactly what they done wrong. More woman seem to just go into a cocoon when driving badly and block out everything and everyone around them.

Who's worse, the person that knows there driving badly (but will tell you they knew it was safe) or the person that doesn't realize their driving badly?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Have to agree that a lot of times that I let a woman out of a junction, there's no wave or flash of the hazards in response.. manners ladies!! :rolleyes: A man is similarly more likely to let you out I've found.

Women (and white van drivers) seem to be the ones that are always holding the phones too while driving.

Maybe this thread belongs in BGRH? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

I have to admit, I somewhat agree with the OP about women in Ireland. In my experience, men are more courteous. And it's not just that I'm a bloke. I've noticed when my sisters or ma are driving that women seem to be even meaner toward each other than they are to men.

It's different over here though, men are more likely to be pricks, while women are just airheaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

yep agree here. while not always the case women seem to be pretty greedy when it comes to the space in front of them.

oh they're happy if you let them out just don't expect them to return the favour to anyone...

again this isn't always the case but i see it a lot less with men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

I was walking back to my car in the supermarket car park yesterday when I noticed someone pulling into the space next to me. The driver parked well over the white line and close enough to my car so that I could not open the door. When I said it to the driver, she looked at me like I did something wrong and just walked away without reply...

I'm not saying that a man would not be capable of the same thing but I've never experienced such a lack of consideration from another driver.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I have an interesting one.

I know 2 paramedics who people would agree need the utmost courtesy given to them when they have an emergency and for people to allow them through traffic.

Both of them agree, and 1 is a woman, that women are the worst drivers on the road from their point of view. A lot either refuse or at very slow to make way for them every when they have an opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

wow i expected this post to have got a stronger reaction than it did.

personally ive had mixed experience wit this.. i travel a lot both as a passenger and a driver.. personally i feel much safer in the car with the male drivers compared to the female. now this could be just a coincidence but i feel that the male drivers are more aware of whats happening around them and seem to be more focused on the road.

on the other hand i was recently in an accident with a lady driver and despite it being her fault she was exceptionally courteous and sorted everything out with minimal fuss. When a male driver ploughed in to me 2 years ago i was afforded no such courtesy and had to fork out for the damage caused myself.

i also drove a motorbike for 2 years and as anyone who has driven one must be aware just how "nice" motorists are to bike drivers. This is not a male/female thing its just anyone. On balance though more male drivers did give me space to filter and more ladies did pull out under me at junctions. However male drivers were much more agressive if you were keeping to the speed limit and they couldn't force their way past you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭GTC

From experience, women drivers are the least capable, but are very aware of their limitations. Men are more capable, but seem to get very cocky very quickly.

Men are more spatially aware, but are too cocky, women are (in general) hopeless at distances and widths of gaps, but are more careful (in general) and have (in general) many small accidents (low speed) compared to men, who usually have a few catastrophes in their time!!

Actually, reading over this, it seems more complicated than I thought!
    From the last few years in Traffic, the ones who cause the most holdups and problems for us are predominantly female. The most tickets for careless driving and yield offences etc. are female drivers. Speeding is mostly male. I'm open to correction if someone has the latest penalty points figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I think the appalling driving in this country is not weighted to one sex above the other - both are as bad, but in different ways

I have noticed however young women becoming more aggressive on the roads - alot more so than 5 years ago even (can we blame the spice girls :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I'm going to make a small bit of a generalisation here:

I find bad men and women drivers are in equal quantities, (which is worrying because there are more male drivers on the road!)

I find that when a male driver does something stupid or dangerous it is usually a conscious decision, or an agressive manouvre.

I find that when a female driver does something stupid or dangerous it is usually because they are unaware of what is going on in their enviornment. They are usually too busy gossiping with an passenger or daydreaming to be paying attention to the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

shakenbake wrote:
    Seriously, yous are the most uncourteous road users I've ever encountered. You are consistently stingy, mean and almost venemous to other road users.

you sound suppressed..... why would you expect them to be any different on the road...

i went shopping with my wife once....holysh/t.
    the way they guard their line down that isle with that weapon known as a shopping trolley... and god help you if you get in the way of the frozen foods.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,648 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

was recently turning right on the crossover at Cherrywood (to go down the sliproad northbound on the N11), lights went green but there was a woman driver still about 100metres away showing no signs of stopping, luckily I decide to wait and see if she's going to attempt to stop (I had pulled forward and turned the nose right slightly at this stage, but was still on my side of the junction in safety), and sure enough she goes flying through the junction, over the speed limit (about 90 in a 60 zone), and had finally noticed the very red light just as she hit the junction and was trying to apologise (moving her hands and her head in an "oh my gosh I didn't realise I could have killed some people) as she sped through the red light junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Us lads are convinced we rule the Tarmac, and that's a huge failing. But having said that, my better half can't park to save her life. I've even fitted blind spot mirrors to show her the kerb against her rear wheels, and fitted parking sensors. It's still an emotionally rollercoaster when it comes time to park it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I find young males and construction/trade workers the most courteous.
    Sorry to generalise but have to agree that most women wouldnt give you an inch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This just happened to me and I really do think only a person of the distaff persuasion would have done this (or an OAP).

I was on the Outer Ring Road down here which is a dual carraigeway, young woman in car approaching from behind angled her head to the right to see past me :o She did'nt check her rear view mirrors as far as I could tell.

Mike.

Advertisement