Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Women .... what's your problem??

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Waterford has to be the worst place for the "considerate idiots" leaving all and sundry out from the side roads, backing up the traffic behind in the process.

There's a set of lights at the Tower Hotel where the road from Ardkeen/Dunmore meets the N25. Just before it on the way inbound is a staggered T junction (i.e. you have to do a litttle left-right shimmy to get across. There's the added complication of a hump-backed river bridge just before it. The sidestreets are nothing but rat-runs for people avoiding the lights, because the amount of traffic going in and out there cannot be accounted for by the local traffic.

However, every morning without fail, some idiot waves a rat-runner out from the left-hand side while the lights are on green. The rat-runner wants to shimmy across to the other side, but is stopped by the oncoming traffic. The road is now blocked and the only beneficiary of the green light is a second rat-runner who was behind the first guy and who spots his chance.

Now the first rat-runner gets across, and the traffic moves again. Our courteous idiot moves ahead, and just as he reaches the lights, they turn orange. He sails through and the rest of us are left fuming, while the traffic tails back 1 km up to Newtown.

I swear, they could make a driver education video there every morning. Muppets :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

astraboy wrote:
    Well maybe she was from South Africa, but since there are a large porportion of Nigerian people in Ireland it was highly propable she was nigerian. The PC brigade strikes again!:rolleyes:

....And maybe she was from America... or Ballyfermot! :rolleyes:

I fail to see why the women's assumed nationality has anything to do with her ability to park a car. Anyway thats all I'll say on the matter.
    PC me arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Mexicola wrote:
    ....And maybe she was from America... or Ballyfermot! :rolleyes:

I fail to see why the women's assumed nationality has anything to do with her ability to park a car. Anyway thats all I'll say on the matter.
    PC me arse.

Ah jaysus, it matters because most immigrants are driving on different licenses. For a board on an Irish website, yes, the nationality is important in the MOTORS section, as it tells you quite a lot of info, the person's driving circumstances etc. More PC nonsense is not required or desired on these boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭msdurden

Mexicola wrote:
    And you know this how? Did you go up to her and enquire about her nationality?
    And would you have 'felt like snappin' if it hadn't been a Jag? :rolleyes:

my window was down and i heard her screaming at her kids, I'm very familiar with the nigerian accent from people i work with.

And yes i would of still felt like snapping if it was a different car

Does that answer your questions smartarse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Michael G wrote:
    Have mercy on them. It is a scientific fact that their spatial sense is less developed. That is why they (in their Micras and Corsas) cling to the vehicle in front of them, even if it is a tractor driven by a 90-year-old with dementia. (For that reason they are the main cause of queues.) Let them get past, and wait for a man to let you in.

That's a little harsh!! I've got a polo and I'm a good female driver... I don't cling to people in front of me. I've had guys (and girls) suddenly decide they're turning at the last minute with no warning, people who can't indicate on roundabouts, idiots who pull out in front of you etc...
    I would definitely not say one is worse than the other, you can get idiots of both sexes being complete tools on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

msdurden wrote:
    my window was down and i heard her screaming at her kids, I'm very familiar with the nigerian accent from people i work with.

And yes i would of still felt like snapping if it was a different car

Does that answer your questions smartarse?

Fair play to ya...

Anyway, my view on the matter is that there are equal amounts of nobends on the road, but as said already, in different ways. However I do agree with the point that women have become more aggressive ...*cough*... over the last few years. A lot of women are doing very well for themselves now and a lot of them are driving more powerful cars, adding to their perception of authority on the roads. I do find they are slower to show any kind of appreciation than men to acts of courtesy shown by other road users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

Not bothering to read all 84 pages of this thread. It's something that's bothered me since I started driving. Of course once you say it you must have some large chip on your shoulder about women...yadda yadda...

The truth is women have poor manners in cars. That is a generalisation...so naturally there are exceptions. They don't wave or flash lights when let out. They don't let you out. And they have no concept of what a lane is.
    Yes...there are plenty of men out there who do the same...and men tend to do more dangerous things in cars...but most of my unhappy experiences on the road have been caused by women drivers. I can even spot one from driving style. Women and old people share a lot when it comes to driving style.

Last week I witnessed a woman park close to my car and as she got out slam her door into the side of my car...twice!! She didn't even stop to see if she'd done any damage. Two days ago I witnessed a neighbour reverse her car at speed into another car. She was trying to reverse a small car into a space big enough for a double decker bus. Took her over five minutes!! When she got out she didn't even bother to look at the rear of the car she'd slammed into. Sure that's what bumpers are for eh? I try to stay away from supermarket car parks now due to the many tips I've witnessed from mommies who have absolutely no idea how to drive.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Anan1 wrote:
    I am constantly surprised by the number of oncoming drivers who slow to a stop, bringing all the traffic behind them to a halt, to let me cross. These people are quite frankly too selfish/stupid to be driving, and the last thing i'd do is further encourage them by thanking them.
    Does my head in too, these people don't know the rules of the road. Heading north from Newlands cross, people actually let people in form the slip road on the left. WHY ??
    They block up a major junction just to let someone in who can drive freely during most of the rest of the traffic light sequence.

It's worse on a bicycle, the number of times drivers don't use their right of way scares me. Or walking across the road after getting off a bus, and I'm looking at a clear gap behind a car and it slows down to let me through when it would be quicker for both of us if I could cross behind them, not to mention safer.

But overall women in big silver german cars make me nervious when I'm on a bike.

Advertisement