Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If i accept now and i go up in the rechecks??

Options
  • 20-08-2007 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok just wondering if i accept my course now, and i then go up in the rechecks(all i need is a b3 requirement in pass maths which is one grade up to get my second choice) will i be able to accept my second choice or whats the story?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I am just htinking about that very question.
    Also, what happens if you go down a grade in october?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Patricide wrote:
    Ok just wondering if i accept my course now, and i then go up in the rechecks(all i need is a b3 requirement in pass maths which is one grade up to get my second choice) will i be able to accept my second choice or whats the story?

if there are any spaces you will be offered one but if its full you wont afaik

This might help you out somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Yes, you can do that, that's what I'm doing. Though you will miss anything from a week-4 weeks of term, though not all of that would be lectures I think. Out of 9000 and something appeals last year, nobody got their grade downgraded, which is reassuring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

I know someone who went up in the rechecks and got an offer and the story was that she could start the course the next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Same here - a mate got medicine after rechecks in October but had missed too many core lectures so he had to go wait and start again the following year. Lame tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Yeah but that wouldn't happen in TCD though? Only miss about 6 days of lectures..

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yes you could - Do you children even read the CAO handbook I wonder or do you just use it to hide your playboy mag in the bathroom?

Many courses would have you play catch-up if it happened by october say but depending on the difficulty of it (say nursing or medicine) you may be told to defer to next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Yeah but that wouldn't happen in TCD though? Only miss about 6 days of lectures..

if you actually read the page that was linked it is actually refering to tcd specifically and other colleges in general

if the course you would of received an offer for is alread yfull its tough and a place will be reserved for you next year. if it is not full you will get a place if it is you wait till next year

Advertisement