Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly PES Tourney in Riddler's Bar, Limerick

Options
  • 20-08-2007 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

For the last couple of months my friend & I have been running a weekly Pro Evo 6 tournament in Riddler's Bar, Limerick City. We're using 2 PCs hooked up to wall-mounted HDTVs, PS2 pads, an up-to-date option file and all the bells & whistles (Evo Patch, new kits etc.)

Registration is €5, and it operates by knock-out cup format. Quarter Finals & Semis are 10-minute matches, the final is 15, and all the early rounds are 5-minute affairs.

The Prize is a Slab of beer (usually Miller or Stella) for the winner, but once it starts getting busy (i.e. when the colleges start up again) there will be decent cash prizes for the winner & runner-up. If you win the competition 4 times you get a brand new jersey of your choice.

Afterwards we usually have a few pints and play some 2v2 games for the rest of the night (just for fun ;)), and there's a great atmosphere among everyone, with only one pad-throwing incident so far :D

Usually starts about 9pm every friday, with registration from half 8 onwards. We usually have a few practice games beforehand as well. There is no restriction on team selection.

Hope to see some of you guys there soon!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭maca912

come join the fun!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

sounds good. will try to get there the next Friday night I'm not away.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

brianon wrote:
    sounds good. will try to get there the next Friday night I'm not away.

Excellent. It'll be a good craic anyways.

This week there's one being held on Tuesday night and friday night.

All are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

any of these more notherly???

like louth!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I'd love one of these in dublin!

All the transfers are in the option file I'll be using from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Where exactly is Sarsfield street? Is it near O Connell street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Press start

Yeah, if you're standing at the junction of O Connell street and William street (Debenhams), start walking towards Sarsfield bridge. Riddlers is on your left before the bridge.

Press Start actually won it on the first night he entered!

That's beginner's luck I tell ya!

• Advertisement

It starts at 10 tonight to cater for the Champions League matches for all who's interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Anyone want to come down to Cavan??? :D

This tournament has been getting progressively bigger each Friday with 16 players participating at the last event. Don't miss a good night o' craic. If you ain't in it, you ain't winnin' it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Think ill come in this Friday

yeah man come down!

should be fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Nehpets wrote:
    I'd love one of these in dublin!

Same here would be savage.

We'll be playing the PES2008 demo afterwards as well, for all those who haven't seen it yet!

Cavan!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

This sounds awesome but Friday's are no good for us non-Limerick college go-ers who leave to return to home on Fridays.Any chance of makin it a mid week thing?

Nor is it for us people up in Cavan!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rapp

might come down to that this coming friday.

Where.... to Cavan??? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Kev_85

Havent been in recently because of the rugby world cup. Do they show the matchs in Riddlers? And, will ye be playing pro ev 08 when it comes out?

Kev_85 wrote:
    Havent been in recently because of the rugby world cup. Do they show the matchs in Riddlers? And, will ye be playing pro ev 08 when it comes out?

Yes, and yes.

Mongo wrote:
    This sounds awesome but Friday's are no good for us non-Limerick college go-ers who leave to return to home on Fridays.Any chance of makin it a mid week thing?

It's on every Friday, and also every second Wednesday. I'll be there tomorrow night, and yes, ye foreigners are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

If I can scrape together a few pennies I'm going to head in tomorrow night...Just a quick Q - is player condition and weather set or all random?

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 davemc06

Over eighteens I take it then! No teenagers like myself! :P

Myself and a mate will be in tonight, ill be the lad in the retro liverpool shirt kicking all your arses

Great man, just ask for Gadge.

There's 2 slabs going tonight actually, one if you beat me and one if you win the tournament outright!

• Advertisement

Well Gadge put me out last night, he was lucky though.

Advertisement