Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bosch wiper blades query

Options
  • 20-08-2007 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

I got new Ford wiper blades for my mark 3 Mondeo on Saturday. Put them on and unfortunately the rigid piece of steel did not go the full length of the wiper blade and I got a small smear on the driver's side everytime I used the wipers. Brought them back, got a refund. Went to Halford's tonight and got a lovely set of Bosch blades that are working a dream. Only thing is, there is a small white box in with the blades containing two small black clips. I cannot work out on the packaging what the hell they are for. Anyone got any ideas please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Just adaptors to fit other models probably

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ironically, got the same wipers today with the white box..

on the diagram on the box it appears they're used for adjusting the size of the blades or something..

mine work grand without them anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

I got those Bosch wipers last week too. They are great wipers except that the y were 39 quid for two. The clips are not needed for the wipers to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Thanks for the replies folks. I just rang Halford's to enquire what they are for and they think they are if a car's windscreen washers come straight to the window along the rubber, rather than spray from the bonnet, and they are something to do with securing the mechanism to the wiper. So we need not worry about them and they are going in the bin. I was just concerned that if I didn't use them and some problem developed later on.

Advertisement