Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amazon search bar bug with firefox 2.0.0.6?

Options
  • 20-08-2007 9:59pm

Hi all,

I have an annoying problem. I am using firefox 2.0.0.6 on windows xp (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6).

When I go to the main amazon page and type into the search bar my text does not echo to the screen. It *is* going in there, I just cannot see it. I found were the input field is in the css and changed it from:

INPUT { font-family: fixed; }

to

INPUT { font-family: arial; }

...and the text 'reappears'. Can anyone else confirm the problem?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

To Webmaster & Flash with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Tis fine for me, I am using XP and Firefox 2.0.0.6 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6)

actually why are you using the US installed version of Firefox?

Sorry Evil Phil, never knew this forum was here. Good question about the US version, we have an automatic software installer utility in work and it just threw this one on. I'm going to try the UK one now.

Same with the non-us version (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6)

Others in work have also experienced the problem but my 2.0.0.6 under ubuntu is fine. I am stumped at this stage.

Advertisement