Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WE M1911 with propane

• 20-08-2007 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

Well finally got some propane gas from BnQ. 3 cans!:D :D no fear of me running out for a bit! 10.94 Ea. got home, screwed on the propane adaptor put 15 bb's in each mag, squirt of silicone on to each stack, quick squirt into top of propane can(must get some liquid silicone) filled the mag, wasn't sure if it was full, it didn't squirt out like filling a cigarette lighter with butane?? held it for two counts of 10 secs. slipped one of the mags in racked the slide and took careful aim and......BINGO!

2 rounds then 2 rounds then what the heck!! INJINS!! emptied the first mag(out of gas) slide lock did not lock back? Anyway on a roll now. Second clip. Full on and i mean full on, no misfires or blockages, this is great..slide lock still did not lock back? 3rd clip with a bit more control now, have to say nice action. First round off it has a really nice blowback and then it gently loses its poke if you know what i mean, nice squeezed off rounds now, as it almost powers down to the last round( i'd only loaded fourteen this time to see if i could force it to lock back):( didn't lock back? this seems to be a bit of a minor issue if you count your rounds laid down, but then on the last clip..it locked back! maybe just needs to be worked in. one kinda niggle, and i think its my own fault(clip 2 full on, maybe a bit too full on I think) I seem to have flexed one of the pointed angles of the spring collet bushing. This is definately my own fault as I was nearly firing full auto!! (this is only an airsoft m1911)

So campers..go easy, its a lovely piece of kit if you look after it..by the way on my way home I found Propane closer to home!(After all that) roughly bout the same price as well. It takes a bit of getting used too(this s**t stinks! so don't use in confined spaces an all that safety stuff! very important guys.. gonna try to pick up some green gas to make comparisons on power and smell!! but generally real pleased with the way it worked out.. and for all yee smokers of cigerettes, yee outcasts of society(off em 3years now!) careful..read the instructions on the can..."it does exactly what it says on the tin".....BOOOM:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

id get red gas as opposed to green if you can.
    I love the 1911, have the same one you do and ran it on propane last weekend. miles better then my 2 or 3 month old can of gas i had at home.
    i stripped the gun to bits the other day and started the long and tedious process of sanding back the paint with wet and dry paper. after one day, i have the whole outside of the slide done as much as i can without some paint stripping chemicel which i will wait to use when the entire gun is stripped and smoothed.
    looks good already though i will do all of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

iceage wrote:
    on, no misfires or blockages, this is great..slide lock still did not lock back?

My two dont lock back all the time. Say bout 50% of the time they lock back
    when the mag empty's.
    ~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you want to lock the slide back stick the mag on a radiator for 5 mins. Oh wait, this is a WE gun. DO NOT HEAT WE MAGS! They're not as tolerable as other makes.

Btw are you filling the mags upside down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

My hfc M190 rarely gets the slide back enough on the last shot to lock the slide back, propane seems to lose pressure when its cold... in better weather the thing works great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

make sure to oil the rails so the slide moves easier

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Just gave the gun a quick shoot,

with the HFC mag it works like a dream... with the bell mag it isn't great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I was having the same problem with the slide on my bell m9 it works itself out after a while and after putting a load of oil inside her so she's well lubed up.

I also found that if your gentle when pulling the trigger it never locks back she likes it ruff so she does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭davvowl

@spitfire : red gas is gonna make the gun far more than 1 joule, and it will end up shattering the piston anyway...
    stick with green gas (aka propane), you dont need more powerful gas on a pistol.
    red gas can be used for grenade shells but in anything other replica you're going to get higher than 1J

the slide not always locking back when the mag is empty is due to the slide stop being somehow not steep enough in the back (i dunno if you understand what im trying to say)
    if i can get my hands on a metal file or a dremel i can fix that for you :p (done that countless times before)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

davvowl wrote:
    if i can get my hands on a metal file or a dremel i can fix that for you :p (done that countless times before)

Mmmm interesting. If you do manage to do a fix for someone
    it would be great if ya could post pics of the process as it would
    be interesting and educational.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

i chrono'd it on red gas and it wasnt above the 1j but then agai, it wasnt all that warm out. i'll be using propane on it anyway. i just happen to be able to get some red gas at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

yeah it would be nice to see it done, sounds like you've done this kind of repair before, any suggestions as to how to fix the spring bushing on the front of my M1911? i seem to have "flexed or slightly bent out" one of the angular corners, think it slipped or moved while firing getting caught on the recoil spring plug. As these parts seem to be cast I afraid to put any more preasure on it ( or straighten it with a few gentle taps of a hammer!) or is there a replacement part available for the W E M1911 folks?? Any suggestions or advice would be very welcome, bit unsure as to whether it will all hold up to more shots, if it slips again and gets caught:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭davvowl

@bullets :
    alright why not :) anyway next month ill bring my airsoft stuff from france, which includes all my tools :rolleyes:

@spitfire :
    yeah, i guess the weather is quite colder here than in france :p

@iceage :
    im ALOT used to the 1911's and hi-capa series from both marui and WE (just love those guns) i did alot of custom works on those (see link in my signature), including replacing parts with self made ones (currently working on making a 'gigant project' on a marui hi-capa 5.1 base, for those who know what a Western Arms gigant is)
    so yeah i know those guns pretty well :p
    however i cant figure out what your spring bushing problem is, could you post some detailed pictures ? or just show it to me if you come to hrta this saturday (i might be there) (keep searching for french guys, you'll eventually find me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Cheers I appreciate the help, I'll try an get some pics of the business end of the M1911 and let you have a look at it and see what you think.:)

Advertisement