Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

searchlight in the south east

Options
  • 20-08-2007 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

anyone know what the story is with the searchlight in the south east, guessing it maybe in the sandyford area, you should see it lighting up the night sky if you stick your head out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

somebody must know what this is, it's there now if you look, a big searchlight pointing at the sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Bondi Beach nightclub in Stillorgan according to this from Feb 2007.

I'd believe it too as down home the nightclub has a search light that can be seen from miles around.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-2055056851.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

that must be it so, definately out by stillorgan somewhere, thanks very much it's been puzzlings me shining up like that each night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Pongo

Pretty sure it's the Beacon Hotel in Sandyford with a big, Beacon type thing on the roof...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It's not Bondi. It is up in the Sandyford area. I'm not sure exactly where. The Beacon is a possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brendan2468

this light is from the spawell in dublin just out side tallaght , it has a 5000watt bulb inside and with low cloud and a small bit of rain this light can be visable from greystones if the light in pointed that way . i know this because we sold the light to them , you should look at u tube {light sound service} and you can see the light up close and a bigger one , 3 times as bright

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

this light is from the spawell in dublin just out side tallaght , it has a 5000watt bulb inside and with low cloud and a small bit of rain this light can be visable from greystones if the light in pointed that way . i know this because we sold the light to them , you should look at u tube {light sound service} and you can see the light up close and a bigger one , 3 times as bright

That light's Only there since the Mansion Nightclub (kip) has opened, this thread is from 2007, definitely not what he saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Maybe its that bat biffo signal. Someone needs help.

*gets coat*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brendan2468

yes missed that , but on that date we also had a light on hire in black rock it was out side the venue for two nights for the relaunch of a bar

Advertisement