Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Touch - Expansys.ie V's Expansys.de

• 20-08-2007 11:08pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking of getting one of These it's €455 on the .ie site including delivery and is €417 on the .de site. Linky

Anyone know the reason for the diff (not VAT) and any reason why I should not get it from the .de site?

is it cheaper anywhere else?

Cheers

Mik

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

some things worth checking: warranty (territories covered), is the German version of the OS installed, does it come with an EU power adapter...

warranty may be in issue, check of HTC have an English ROM available to install, get a travel adapter for the power adaptor if the pins aren't swappable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

have been in the same position (being german in ireland!) but at the end of the day i've ordered from IE as i could use our company's VAT number.

english ROM is available here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=372 in the upgrading section. have a look around

the adaptor for the power plug shouldn't be a problem. you get them everywhere for little money. but warranty could be an issue...

oh, and i'm VERY happy with this little stunner! ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I''ve checked the site and they have 2 versions - german and english.
    Not too sure about the warranty, but talkingclock you make a good point re VAT number :D
    Looks like it will be the .ie one then

And glad to hear you like it - i'm lookin forward to gettin it all right

Mik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭HiredGun

If the VAT number is an issue with you, do this. You can order any phone on any Expansys site through Expansys Ireland. Just phone them and order the phone with the part number from, let's say the Expansys Germany site. I live in Ireland and I recently did this because I needed a phone with a T9 dictionary that wasn't build in the phones sold here. The order takes a few days longer because they have to transfer stock. But it worked very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Expansys Ireland are actually UK based, so you enter your Irish VAT number and don't get charged any VAT (standard intra-EU VAT practice), so surely you can do the same for the DE site?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yep true - Must check that out...
    Also the phoning idea is a good one - get it @ the cheaper price and from the irish Sales so the warranty should be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

just a note, flashing your device with a non-vendor supplied ROM (i.e. one you 'find' on the internet) won't be supported by your vendor... basic caveat... if you don't know what you are doing, then you probably shouldn't...

Advertisement