Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The War on Democracy: ITV

Options
  • 21-08-2007 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭

:mad: This has just been shown on ITV and has been a very open program about CIA involvment in Latin America. It is as said in the title, it shows the lenghts that the USA has gone to in the past and still goes to in order to look after their own interests. I know this is old news to most people but its been a very eye opening show. Well produced and conducted by John Pilger

What they have done and what they have sponsored is constant dictatorship. The US has been run by one of the biggest dictatorships in the CIA for years .. no matter who has been in power.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I hope all the rctv supporters on here the fascists supporters on here, watched the manipulation of footage by rctv, watched them conspiring with the fascist coup leaders in shooting dead its own supporters to stoke a coup...

it wasn't a great documentary, its feels a few years old, although the story can't be told enough, bit cheesey and brief in places...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I can at least admire the honesty of the defiant CIA man interviewed. He was blunt about what he and those on the right really stand for yet most who epouse these views would be too cowardly and hypocritical to admit it.
    Too bad for the apologists that the recently released CIA family jewels gives official confirmation of the many wicked events examined in this documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I hope all the rctv supporters on here the fascists supporters on here, watched the manipulation of footage by rctv, watched them conspiring with the fascist coup leaders in shooting dead its own supporters to stoke a coup...

it wasn't a great documentary, its feels a few years old, although the story can't be told enough, bit cheesey and brief in places...

But but but Chavez is a dictator because he refused a license for this media organisation!!

He must be a threat to democracy.

blah blah blah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

bobbyjoe wrote:
    Is the full film available anywhere online?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

If you want to see a very good documentry on US involvment in central america check out Panama Deception. It even won an oscar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

A lot of the footage shown from Venezuela on that show came from a show made by two Irish guys who were in Venezuela at the time of the coup.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5832390545689805144&q=the+revolution+will+not+be+televised&total=161&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

tallus wrote:
    A lot of the footage shown from Venezuela on that show came from a show made by two Irish guys who were in Venezuela at the time of the coup.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5832390545689805144&q=the+revolution+will+not+be+televised&total=161&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0
    Just finished watching that. Very good documentry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

john pilger is a legend , while im not of the left politically , you cant trust the state anymore than private bussiness in my opinion , pilger is a man of immense integrity , when he writes about a place , he makes sure he visits there 1st unlike the likes of eoghan harris who thinks the iraq war is still a good idea even though the guy,s never been inside or outside iraq,s green zone
    while i can in many ways understand why the usa has helped prop up leaders in the likes of egypt or saudi arabia , when you give your average muslim a choice at the ballot box , the osama,s of this world tend to come up trumps as shown in pallestine
    but what the usa have done in latin america is pure imperilism
    anyone that is familiar with the propoganda machine that is fox news will know that on that excuse of a news chanell , chavez is routinely refered to as a dictator , from what ive read and from john pilgers docu , the man has the support of the majority of his people , more power to him

Advertisement