Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house and Eircom BB

Options
  • 21-08-2007 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Sorry lads. Another moving house thread, but I've been searching for ages and can't find the info I need.

Picked up the keys to the new gaff today, plugged in a phone and got a dial tone, or some kind of tone (couldn't make calls though) so can I assume the line will be ok and it's just a matter of calling Eircom and tell them I want it working?

How long does it take? I checked their website and started filling out the moving house form, then it came up and said the earliest they can do it is 4 Sep :eek: WTF? Now, why would that be? When I lived in the UK BT would have a line up and running in 1-2 days max.

Currently have Eircom BB. Quite happy with them and want it at the new place. Thing is I have not reached the end of the minimum 12 month contract. Will it be classed as breaking the contract even if I have it at the new place?

TIA, hopefully my head can be slightly unwrecked

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

As far as I know it is pretty standard for Eircom to take (at least) 2 weeks to enable a new line for Broadband so don´t be shocked. It´s a very complicated process that really only takes 10mins to complete once an engineer is assigned to the job but hey, this is Ireland..

Sorry, no idea about the contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

Yeah, I don't know why I'm surprised. This will be my 4th time getting Eircom to connect a phone line. The previous occasions it took:

1. 6 months
    2. came, saw, and left without doing anything
    3. 4 months

and a hell of a lot of phone calls.

To be fair they were all first time connections in those houses/flats so I was delighted that the line seems to be working in the new place. But still... dealing with Eircom is so bad it's almost comical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

KBarry wrote:
    Yeah, I don't know why I'm surprised. This will be my 4th time getting Eircom to connect a phone line. The previous occasions it took:

1. 6 months
    2. came, saw, and left without doing anything
    3. 4 months

and a hell of a lot of phone calls.

To be fair they were all first time connections in those houses/flats so I was delighted that the line seems to be working in the new place. But still... dealing with Eircom is so bad it's almost comical.

If there a dial tone that you can't make calls from its most likely a soft dial tone which can be activated in 24-48hrs if ordered over the phone.

Online orders can take longer.

If it is a soft dial tone then you'll be able to order bb when activating the line.

You will have to pay a once of connection fee of €29.99 if you order your broadband over the phone though.

There shouldn't be an issue with cancelling you contract since your moving premises and getting Eircom Bb there aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭KBarry

The phone line was working the day after I asked them to connect it. They told me 2 weeks for the broadband, but it was actually working after 1 week. Not bad Eircom. I am a happy bunny.

Advertisement