Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

badman's Beta Blog: Accounts and Statistics to be Reset on the 22nd

Options
  • 21-08-2007 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭

Hi soldiers,
    A quick heads up for those who don't look at the site every so often, and to stop you from banging your head against the wall on Wednesday...
    The most important of these tests concerns the registration system. In order to tax it as much as possible and make sure it’s up to the task of handling the retail product, we are going to wipe the entire accounts database and have all of our beta testers re-create their in-game account. The process isn’t really all that complicated – let me walk you through it:
    1. The accounts database is reset. Your in-game account will no longer work.
    2. Start the Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars beta client. On the login screen, select your account and click "Remove user". On the next screen, select "Remove local user" and click "Next". Confirm the action.
    3. Retrieve your beta license key from FilePlanet. It can be found both in the email you were sent after signing up or the beta and under My Account -> Beta Keys Archive on the FilePlanet website.
    4. Back in the beta client, go to “Create User” and select “Create new online account”. Put in your account name along with your beta license key and click “Finish”.
    5. That’s it! You’re all set and ready to dive back into the Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars beta.
    The wipe is currently scheduled for this coming Wednesday (August 22, 2007), at which point you will no longer be able to play unless you re-create your account in the manner described above. The statistics are also going to be reset that day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Its unbelivable that some people are actually posting on the community forum over there wondering why they cant log on.. it annoys me when people cant open their eyes. :rolleyes:

I was one of the accounts picked. :( Oh well at least you know splash dam are actually testing the game properly rather than trying to deal with problems when they pop up in retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

How do you mean "one of the accounts picked"?
    Sounds to me like they wiped everyone to simulate x number of buyers getting home and reging on launch day.
    Why would they only wipe a portion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

SyxPak wrote:
    How do you mean "one of the accounts picked"?
    Sounds to me like they wiped everyone to simulate x number of buyers getting home and reging on launch day.
    Why would they only wipe a portion?
    To make sure that rolling back and restoring statistics on a large scale is as seamless and robust a process as it can be, 5000 beta accounts have been randomly selected for this test and their owners have already been notified.

Sorry, wiping a portion wouldnt make much sense. There was two tests, one in which the majority of accounts were reset and one where 5000 of these would be rolled back to previous stats after the reset. I got an email to this effect. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Ah k.

I'm just sore that I didn't bother trawling through Fileplanet's sh1te to get a key.

Advertisement