Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Account Name

Options
  • 21-08-2007 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever lose their account name before?

I haven't played in some months and can't for the life of me remember what I used... I've tried all the regular names I use for accounts and none of them seem to work.

I contacted customer support using their web form... but I'm not sure how well that will work as the form didn't really take into account the fact that you might have lost your user name...

Anyone know how difficult the process of retrieving it will be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Dunno about that one, did you pay by credit card? If so it won't be too hard to trace.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm pretty sure you can see you account name somewhere in your Warcraft folder...or maybe thats just individual character names. I cant really remember. Did you keep any of the subscription emails? If not, i'd say just wait for the customer service guys...but be warned, it might (will) take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

If you forgot your account name you have to contact Accounts/Billing :

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/support/accountbilling.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

koneko wrote:
    If you forgot your account name you have to contact Accounts/Billing :

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/support/accountbilling.html
    I did that. But one of the mandatory fields in their web form is the account name.

I'll give them a ring later... anyone know how they are to speak to on the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Kiith wrote:
    I'm pretty sure you can see you account name somewhere in your Warcraft folder...or maybe thats just individual character names. I cant really remember. Did you keep any of the subscription emails? If not, i'd say just wait for the customer service guys...but be warned, it might (will) take a while.

Last time I had to contact WoW customer service they got back to me in a about a week, considering the amount of people that play I dont think its that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Mkl

Your account name should be in you wtf folder. Theres a folder there called accounts which contains yet more folders all with the names of each account you've ever logged in on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Cool. Looks like Mkl is right, WTF folder, then Accounts, it should be there.

Interesting thing is the US site has an account name retrieval page. Pfff.

Ha... unfortunately the reason I didn't play for so long is because the PC I used to play on died.

I'll have a go at salvaging the hard drive and see what I can find.

okay... I managed to coax about 3 minutes of life out of my old laptop... it seemed easier than getting the hard drive out and I now have my account name.

Thanks for the WTF tip.. that helped a lot.

Too bad the account management site seems to be down at the moment.... booo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Mkl

No problemo

• Advertisement

Turned out it was my real name all along.... d'oh!

Advertisement