Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE 1 - Land Law

• 21-08-2007 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

hi everyone,

just getting a little stressed as the FE1's are getting ever closer and Im not prepared. I have the Griffith College manual on land law. There is alot in it. Can anyone give me the key areas I NEED or is it all required in detail.

In relation to the other 8 exams - how does Land law compare?

Thanks in advance

Shins

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭tombren

along with tort, i found land (property) to be the most difficult,
    as im sure you're aware it's very long and some areas are really really boring (mortgages, easemants,covenants etc)
    obviously im not sitting it this time so i dont know what's due but do succession inside out (the examiners changed since i sat it but she used to ask 2 questions in this area) and ten mark questions can be a nice way to pick up marks
    you said you've got the gcd manuals, if you're also attending the lectures do whatever fiona tells you in her exam brief, she's very good and usually not too far from the mark, if you're not going to class do your best to find out the tips she gave,
    also get yourself the nutshells book, i know someone who claims to have passed it by just studying this book in the week or 2 before the exams (not sure how true this is tho)
    dont panic just yet you still have about a month? which is enough time if you get really stuck in now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

get Ruth Cannon's Nutshell book, amazingly brief though it is, there is enough to pass land law in it (or I just got lucky).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i'm in GCD and the important topics are:

equity and notice
    estates and settled land
    succession
    covenants
    family property
    landlord and tenant
    judgment mortgages
    licences
    co-ownership
    adverse possession

for the 10 mark questions know:

decline in feudalism
    development of the trust
    doctrine of notice
    doctrine of over-reaching
    walsh v. Lonsdale
    Halsall v. brizell
    tulk v. moxhay
    wheeldon v. burrows

hope that helps!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

Just been in down and purchased Land Law in a nutshell. Hopefully it will help!! these are my last 3 FE1's and I'm eager to get them all this time round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 walshy1

Well Shinners

How did the Land Law nut shell hold up for the FE-1's? Would you recommend them?

• Advertisement
Advertisement