Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cash Price

Options
  • 21-08-2007 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I just wondering what kind of percentage reduction off the list price you guys would expect when buying with Cash?

Ta :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

GavMan wrote:
    Hi all,

I just wondering what kind of percentage reduction off the list price you guys would expect when buying with Cash?

Ta :D
    they prefer credit deals
    do you mean cash cash or just paid in full on collection

• Registered Users Posts: 45,767 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Depends on the car.

Different makes have different margins (Mini's, for example, have virtually no room for moving on the price as far as i know from reading on here) You would also find it harder to get a discount on a very popular car, that new nissan is sold out well in to the new year, so they have no need to offer discounts, but may offer a small one.

Would also depend on the price of the car being purchased, and how assertive you are (note; assertive, not aggresive)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

cash deals cost the dealer more than any other tender in most trades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

rbd wrote:
    they prefer credit deals
    do you mean cash cash or just paid in full on collection

Paid in full on collection

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Depends totally on the car.

Ask dealer?

• Advertisement
Advertisement