Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rude shop assistants.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭nillox

i used to work in smyths toystore and dunnes in douglas, i always tried to help ppl, had to show a senile old woman around the whole toy store and also had to pick out everything for some forign guy that came into dunnes at the last minute, iv had abuse shouted at me for not taking a club card (even tho she would have gotten 1 point) but i also got an xmas card off an old lady for helping her.
    theres always gonna be rude ppl just shrug em off cuz wat can they do to u

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭_Nuno_

Fysh wrote:
    Interesting, I was talking to someone about this yesterday and I've found the exact opposite - in the likes of Tesco, Dunnes etc I've found that the Irish staff have been guilty of crap service (carrying on talking to their mates while allegedly serving you, not making eye contact while talking to you, and so on) more often than foreign staff.

My experience exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

The staff behind the hot counter in the Bishopstown Bar are so rude. I went there a few times and couldn't believe how bad they ALL treat the customers! I thought it was maybe just one or two bad eggs but really, they were consistently bad so obviously I've stopped going in there.

I wonder do they feel they didn't have to make an effort because a lot of their customers are students!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 kashi

Someone made the point that most people aren't trained. That is so true. I worked in Chartbusters for years. They trained us about the sunbeds, but never bothered to teach us about how to treat customers in general. I think it's totally overlooked at this stage which is ridiculous.

I was accused of lying by a manager in Dunnes Stores in front of customers. My sister was working there at the time, and on this day was sick. I offered to bring in her sick note for her. When I gave it to him, he accused me and her of lying (very loudly). This was right next to the checkouts. My sister worked in the hot counter, and had a dose of diahrrea (sorry bout sp!) and he expected her to come in anyway. I made the point that they could be shut down for that also very loudly (I was a little annoyed) and told him if he didn't believe me he could ring her doctor. My mother was with me at the time, and we walked out raging loudly how a place like them should be shut down.

Now I know my sister is no angel, and she tended to be sick alot (she hated working there!) but there was no reason to be that rude to me. I was just doing her a favour. I haven't gone back to that Dunnes since and, I barely go to Dunnes anymore. I heard recently that a manager in the same Dunnes (I don't think it's the same manager) is being taken to court for workplace bullying, which cheered me up no end!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 FIONAXXXX

Davedubh wrote:
    Anyone encounter shop assistants with no manners?Where in cork are they to be found?Lets hear your stories.

I think shop assistants put up wit a lot of crap from people, some customer are rude others then are fine so maybe there just fed up wit being nice to people, but still they cant take it out on the nice customers...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Julie K Cherub

FIONAXXXX wrote:
    I think shop assistants put up wit a lot of crap from people, some customer are rude others then are fine so maybe there just fed up wit being nice to people, but still they cant take it out on the nice customers...

Your dead right girl.. Shop assistants do put up with an awful lot.. How are you today girl???? :o:p:o:p:o:p

Your dead right girl.. Shop assistants do put up with an awful lot.. How are you today girl???? :o:p:o:p:o:p

i.m grand girl how r u..

FIONAXXXX wrote:
    i.m grand girl how r u..

Grand girl. i was on to my landlord and he has nothing at the mo.. I'll keep ya posted if he gets anything... Did ya find the page wuth all the funny saying.. ITs very good.

Grand girl. i was on to my landlord and he has nothing at the mo.. I'll keep ya posted if he gets anything... Did ya find the page with all the funny saying.. ITs very good.

Oh Fiona you have gone very quiet on me.. Are we still friendss. Please say yes!!! I have no other friends... You are my only link to the outside world.. HA HA HA HA
    :o:p:o:p:o:p

Oh Fiona you have gone very quiet on me.. Are we still friendss. Please say yes!!! I have no other friends... You are my only link to the outside world.. HA HA HA HA
    :o:p:o:p:o:p

OK I THINK UR GONE ALL WEIRD ON ME.... HA HA I'M SO FED UP LIK CANT WAIT TO GO HOME...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

FIONAXXXX wrote:
    OK I THINK UR GONE ALL WEIRD ON ME.... HA HA I'M SO FED UP LIK CANT WAIT TO GO HOME...

Fionaxxxx and Julie K Cherub, this isn't MSN. It's a public discussion forum. Please keep your off topic private conversations to yourselves, and off the site.

ned78 wrote:
    Fionaxxxx and Julie K Cherub, this isn't MSN. It's a public discussion forum. Please keep your off topic private conversations to yourselves, and off the site.

And who do you think you are the Forum Inspector.. You muppet!!!! Get a Grip you idiot:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ned78 wrote:

i dont see wot the problem is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tragedyman1978

Story boy. Calm the beans Ned boy, there only chattin like. Sure its a forum for Cork feens like. If they are both from Cork sure....anyway you are sort of coming across as a rude shop assistant yourself sham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 princess~nini

fiona and julie...YOU ROCK...keep talking the talk...

Thanks for your support girl.. Its nice to know people actually care!!!! HA HA HA HA :o :
    p :o:p:o:p:o:p:o:p

How r u thanks for supporting me n julie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

No, listen to Ned. Have ye ever even been on a forum before? It's incredibly annoying to wade through all this off-topic stuff. Keep it to PMs. It's not your personal forum.

Edit: You're doing it in the other threads too! Knock it off please.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

FIONAXXXX wrote:
    i dont see wot the problem is..

The problems are, in fact, plural:

1) The rest of us don't care that you two have a blossoming internet friendship/rapport/budding cyberlesbian thing going on, and don't particularly want to have to wade through your rubbish to find out who the latest rude shop assistant is;

2) Abuse of font colour and/or smileys has been known to trigger fits of stupidepsy - it's like epilepsy, only instead of being subsceptible to flashing lights you're subsceptible to inane rubbish in gaudy colours. It's a particular threat on the likes of PROC and the After Hours forum, but those are the risks you take if you're willing to just post anywhere.

3) Julie K Cherub is basically JohnK in drag (see the other thread in which JohnK claims to have left), which means that we'll put up with none of his (her?) guff. We didn't tolerate it when we went out drinking with him, we'll certainly not tolerate it on here.

4) This thread has an insufficiency of cheese, and the antics of both FionaXXXX and Julie K Cherub are only likely to exacerbate this state of affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

AAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH! WE'VE GOT TROLLS!

Given the low post count of all the posters, does anyone else think it's one person?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Of course, they're both JohnK. Everyone in here is JohnK. I'm JohnK, and so's my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

dahamsta wrote:
    I'm JohnK, and so's my wife.

Eloped, did ye? ;)

He's getting into practice - I've seen an amount of lads get into trouble for calling their wife "my girlfriend".

Who's gone OT now? :)

Fysh wrote:
    The problems are, in fact, plural:

1) The rest of us don't care that you two have a blossoming internet friendship/rapport/budding cyberlesbian thing going on, and don't particularly want to have to wade through your rubbish to find out who the latest rude shop assistant is;

2) Abuse of font colour and/or smileys has been known to trigger fits of stupidepsy - it's like epilepsy, only instead of being subsceptible to flashing lights you're subsceptible to inane rubbish in gaudy colours. It's a particular threat on the likes of PROC and the After Hours forum, but those are the risks you take if you're willing to just post anywhere.

3) Julie K Cherub is basically JohnK in drag (see the other thread in which JohnK claims to have left), which means that we'll put up with none of his (her?) guff. We didn't tolerate it when we went out drinking with him, we'll certainly not tolerate it on here.

4) This thread has an insufficiency of cheese, and the antics of both FionaXXXX and Julie K Cherub are only likely to exacerbate this state of affairs.

Seriously people ye would really wanna get over the conspiracy theorys.. And being honest the reason i have so few post in here is not because im someone else ITS BECAUSE I ACTUALLY HAVE A LIFE BESIDES SITTING AT A COMPUTER AND SLAGGING OTHER PEOPLE OFF. SERIOUSLY GET A LIFE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 princess~nini

i'm te real JOHNK...
    mwahahahahahaha...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 daizymay

hello girls, how is we all now?????:p :p:p:p

I sense a disturbance in the force. It's as if a million voices cried out and once and got banned.....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Seriously people ye would really wanna get over the conspiracy theorys.. And being honest the reason i have so few post in here is not because im someone else ITS BECAUSE I ACTUALLY HAVE A LIFE BESIDES SITTING AT A COMPUTER AND SLAGGING OTHER PEOPLE OFF. SERIOUSLY GET A LIFE!!!!

(cue ER theme music)

A corridor in a large hospital. PARAMEDIC 1 & PARAMEDIC 2 are rushing a stretcher into ER, with an apparently wounded IDIOT POSTER bleeding profusely from an as-yet covered chest laceration.

PARAMEDIC 1 : We've got a bleeder!

PARAMEDIC 2 : The bleeding's not the problem; there's something else going on. See the twitching fingers? She's drooling at the mouth too.

PARAMEDIC 1 : What, you think it's rabies?

PARAMEDIC 2 : I'm not sure. Is she still unconscious?

IDIOT POSTER : ....losers, all losers...allofye, ivealifeIswearmumblemumble...

PARAMEDIC 1 : Delirious. You might be onto something.

They arrive at the Emergency Room, where GEORGE CLOONEY is on duty. He thwacks his rubber gloves on, smiles in a disconcerting way, and addresses the paramedics.

GEORGE CLOONEY : What's her status?

PARAMEDIC 2 : A severe chest laceration appears to be bleeding heavily though we can't see any signs of significant arterial rupture. She's also showing signs that might be indicative of rabies.

GEORGE CLOONEY : What signs?

PARAMEDIC 2 : Drooling & foaming at the mouth, involuntary twitching of the fingers - as if she were typing at an imaginary keyboard, and she's delirious.

IDIOT POSTER : ...alllosers,allayou,ImcoolthoIswear... omgisthatgeorgeclooney?

GEORGE CLOONEY : It's not rabies. It's far more serious than that, I'm afraid. This patient is suffering from newbitis. It's a condition related to stupidepsy, wherein she tried to access the internet and take everything she read both literally and seriously.

PARAMEDIC 1 : Oh my God! Can anything be done?

GEORGE CLOONEY : Well, it'll take years of therapy, but one day she'll come out of denial and then she can start the healing process.

(cue ER closing credits)

Hi ya how r u

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 daizymay

now realy some people have far 2 much time to spend thinkin up stories to be posting on line.......now tat realy is sad....:cool:

Advertisement