Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rude shop assistants.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tragedyman1978

Wow, the level of weirdness on here has seriously increased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 daizymay

:phe he he he yes the the strange n wonderful r hear to stay!!!:p

Wow, the level of weirdness on here has seriously increased.
    he he he he yes the the strange n wonderful r hear to stay!!!:p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

It's the only way to counterbalance the mind-numbing inanity of Julie K Cherub's conversations with what will probably turn out to be herself. Or, should I say, himself. We know it's you, JohnK.

Fysh wrote:
    It's the only way to counterbalance the mind-numbing inanity of Julie K Cherub's conversations with what will probably turn out to be herself. Or, should I say, himself. We know it's you, JohnK.
    who is johnk?????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

daizymay wrote:
    who is johnk?????

According to various claims, you're JohnK, adam is JohnK, and hell, even adam's wife-to-be is JohnK! (Go look here if you're really curious...)

Fysh wrote:
    According to various claims, you're JohnK, adam is JohnK, and hell, even adam's wife-to-be is JohnK! (Go look here if you're really curious...)

ya coz tat makes sence......am not realy!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Waded through all the crap to get here :(

I agree shop assistants in general are quite rude but there are some who are really lovely. I worked in M&S annd we were definately trained in CS and the customer is always right! If I think a SA is rude I give them an OTT smile and a massive thank you because it kind of unbalances them. When I was on the other side of the counter I used to get massive You're Welcomes to the rude customers. It's funny to see the look of confusion and occasionally guilt on their faces!

I find many of the Eastern European bar workers to be quite rude and actually looking at you with contempt sometimes. However the African ladies in my local Tesco are lovely.

Remember The Denim Store. Does that guy still pounce on people for sizes? I stopped going there 10 years ago because of that!

It bugs me so badly when an assistant serving you does not acknowledge you in anyway or carries on a separate conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I worked in M+S too and we were definitely given proper customer service training. However, training means nothing unless the person is willing to apply it. Some people just don't care how they treat the customer. Not just young ones either, I was actually shocked at how some of the older ones treated customers....and one of them was nominated for a customer service award!!

I know this is a Cork forum but I would like to mention a fantastic sales advisor in M+S in Galway....so helpful and when I went back with a problem the next day she remembered me and sorted the problem straight away....if only they were all like that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Hrmm...found out today that the rudeness doesn't just apply to Cork shops (like I ever thought it did). Apparently Tesco employees in London are just as capable of effectively ignoring their customers in favour of having a chat with their colleagues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭8gbMadness

Dunnes, ballyvolane, off licence, the blonde chick, she would be on the phone and wouldnt even notice u waiting until she was finished. and after she served u, theres not even a thank you, a smile or any apriciative gesture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Hrmm...found out today that the rudeness doesn't just apply to Cork shops (like I ever thought it did). Apparently Tesco employees in London are just as capable of effectively ignoring their customers in favour of having a chat with their colleagues.
    Bloody foreigners posting on our forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

dahamsta wrote:
    Bloody foreigners posting on our forum.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 44 al_g

Grand girl. i was on to my landlord and he has nothing at the mo.. I'll keep ya posted if he gets anything... Did ya find the page wuth all the funny saying.. ITs very good.

how rude!!

Story boy. Calm the beans Ned boy, there only chattin like. Sure its a forum for Cork feens like. If they are both from Cork sure....anyway you are sort of coming across as a rude shop assistant yourself sham.

lmao@cork lingo a quasimodo typo of english speak which so sorridly typifies the irish predeliction

FIONAXXXX wrote: »
    Hi ya how r u
    sorry no lifer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

And who do you think you are the Forum Inspector.. You muppet!!!! Get a Grip you idiot:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Just out of curiosity,do you and "FIONAXXXX" wear those fluffy pink scrunchy things that most norrie women have a fixation with in your hair?
    Just the mental image i have gotten reading your "posts".

Advertisement