Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops in Limerick?

Options
  • 21-08-2007 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hey all, Newbie to the forum. Will be moving up from Cork in September and Im wondering could anyone give me a list of the main shops yee have? Like womens clothes shops - Oasis, R. Island, Warehouse, Topshop, Pennys that sort of thing, and others. Maybe if theres an Argos and where these shops are located. Cheers in advance guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Cruises Street (main shopping street in Limerick) + the surrounding area has most of the shops mentioned above. Footlocker, Argos, Game, HMV, Boots, River Island etc. We alos have the Crescent Shopping centre which is a few minutes outside the city in Raheen, and the Jetland shopping centre- plenty of shops in both (too many to list here). There are also retail parks in Castletroy and Childers Road which have PC World, TK Maxx, Argos Extra, Currys etc

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Thanks DarkJager, I think I heard theres a H&M somewhere but Ive no clue where, worth a look?

H&M I think is on Cruises Street

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

H&M is in the Crescent Shopping centre beside Next

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

There is a map showing all the major shopping areeas of Limerick at the bottom of this link,
    http://www.coonaghcross.com/index.cfm?cid=2
    Cruises St is located beside Arthurs Quay in the map.
    There is also a new shopping centre out the Ennis Road called Jetland and another one under construction out further, see the other thread in this forum called "From the Horses mouth".

H&M is in the Crescent, womens + kids sections only, no 'threads' for the lads in there.
    other Shops and Services in the Crescent Shopping Centre: Adams, Argos , The Art & Hobby Shop , BB's , Barratts Shoes , Birthdays , Boots , Budget Travel , Carphone Warehouse , Carraig Donn , Centrepiece Café , Chartbusters , Connolly Menswear , EBS Building Society , Eddie Rockets , Elverys , H&M , GameStop , Golden Discs , Greenes , Heatons , Heirlooms , Jack & Jones , Jean Scene , JR Fashions , Kelly's Shoe Gallery , KFC , Ladybird , Lifestyle Sports , McCabes Pharmacy , McDonalds , Mango , Meteor , Mexx , Nature's Hand , Monsoon , O'Brien's Sandwich Bar , Omniplex Cinema , Next , O2 , Pamela Scott , Penneys , Roxy Music, River Island, Sally West , Shaw's , Shoe Zone, Specsavers , Spectra Photo, Spur Steakhouse, Subway , Tesco , Tommy Hilfiger , Topshop , Vera Moda , Ulster Bank , Virgin Megastore , Vodafone , Zara , Zumo Juicebar
    (Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crescent_Shopping_Centre" )

• Advertisement

Wow Rok Im impressed! Alphabetised and everything! Thats brill and the map is a stroke of genius thanks a million!

It appears the Crescent s.c. is the place to go then, or would yee rate any of the other centres better?

The Crescent has pretty much everything you could need under one roof. There's also the Ominplex cinema attached to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

Is there much at the Parkway Shopping Centre?

Not really. The Parkway has long been surpassed by the crescent and jetland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Ok I think the Crescent is covered. Cruises street has River Island, Dorothy Perkins, Wallis, Monsoon & New Look that I can think of. Also in town you have BT, Awear, Sasha and Debenhams......all in city centre area close to Cruises St.

Out of town then Childers Road Retail Park has Next, Dorothy Perkins & Wallis. It also has an Argos Extra, Harry Corry, Heatons, Smyths Toys and Atlantic Homecare. Just around the corner from there you have another Retail Park on the Dublin Road that has TK Maxx, PC World, Currys, Homebase and a couple of others that I can't think of at the mo. There's another retail park out the Ballysimon (Tipp) road that has B&Q, Harvey Norman & Halfords among others. Then on the Ennis Road side you have Jetland Dunnes & Woodies have opened there too & there's a new Tesco opening at Coonagh before Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

DarkJager wrote:
    Not really. The Parkway has long been surpassed by the crescent and jetland
    I don't quiet know if its surpassed the parkway to be honest, im no fan of the jetland and at least the parkway has the parkway retail park and childers road retail park right beside it.

But what kind of shops are at that Parkway or associated Castletroy shopping centres? Just want to know when I move down if I'll have to head into the city or can I get most things in the Castletroy suburbs?

I'd generally think you can get most things in and around castletroy as its got like 22,000 and is one of the biggest suburbs in the country, there always building more amenities there and well what kind of shops you ask, well you covered when it comes to groceries thats for sure.

And if you include the childers road retail park and the parkway retail park well then your covered for all your sports stores, clothes stores, argos, homebase, atlantic homecare. But in saying all this you can't really limit yourself to just castletroy as there are many shops in the city centre and the cresent you don't have in castletroy.

Deadly stuff! So I won't be totally in the middle of nowhere when I move down :) Great, so some stuff will be within walking distance, cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Fletch123 wrote:
    Deadly stuff! So I won't be totally in the middle of nowhere when I move down :) Great, so some stuff will be within walking distance, cool!

Definately not.

Castletroy also has a Superquinn, McDonalds and many other shops, restaurants and of course the UL campus which consists of the University, itself, Concert Hall and Sports Arena (with olympic size swimming pool).

Close to Castletroy on the way into town you have as already mentioned you have the Parkway Shopping Centre, Parkway Retail Park, Aldi and Childers Road Retail Park. All these centres are next to each other and have plenty of different shops. The likes of Dunnes Stores, Curry's, Home Base, JJB Sport, PC World, KFC, Next, Dorothy Perkins, Heatons, etc are all located here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Mackleton wrote:
    Hey all, Newbie to the forum. Will be moving up from Cork in September and Im wondering could anyone give me a list of the main shops yee have? Like womens clothes shops - Oasis, R. Island, Warehouse, Topshop, Pennys that sort of thing, and others. Maybe if theres an Argos and where these shops are located. Cheers in advance guys

your lucky your a woman.. shopping in limerick for men is close to non existent..

Jaysus do yee not have Topman and Jack and Jones and the likes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

*cm* wrote:
    your lucky your a woman.. shopping in limerick for men is close to non existent..

You're absolutely right, the other day I went shopping for y-fronts and ended up having to make do with a thong. Flosses the crack off me it does :(
    Mackleton wrote:
    Jaysus do yee not have Topman and Jack and Jones and the likes?

Crescent has a Jack and Jones for all your metrosexaul needs as someone already posted. Not sure if the city has reached the levels of faggotry to have a Topman in it yet, but soon™ I'd reckon.

http://internetisseriousbusiness.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cant stand the men clothes shops here being honest,although burton does decent shirts that dont look like they were made from one of my mums old teatowels and jeans that dont look like they were masturbated on by a troupe of boyscouts,why can river island and j&j sell clothes that dont look like theyve already been worn? next is an ok option,although theyve started to do the patches and horrific colours shirts as well, i went to buy a black shirt for an interview a while back and had to go into dunnes eventually and buy one of the packaged ones with a tie,couldnt find a plain black shirt that didnt have frills or look like it was from victorian times anywhere

I always get good clothes in Next and River Island, thats my opinion but they are a bit expensive
    The jean scene is a lot cheaper and has a good selection

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Connolly Man/Formal/Jeans/One & Chapps in William Street and The Crescent have decent stuff as well! - all mens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

krudler wrote:
    cant stand the men clothes shops here being honest,although burton does decent shirts that dont look like they were made from one of my mums old teatowels and jeans that dont look like they were masturbated on by a troupe of boyscouts,why can river island and j&j sell clothes that dont look like theyve already been worn? next is an ok option,although theyve started to do the patches and horrific colours shirts as well, i went to buy a black shirt for an interview a while back and had to go into dunnes eventually and buy one of the packaged ones with a tie,couldnt find a plain black shirt that didnt have frills or look like it was from victorian times anywhere

thought I was the only one. Those stupid jeans annoy me so much :mad:

Looking for another pair at the moment and having real trouble just finding one that,
    a) isn't discoloured
    b) isn't ripped
    c) is really skinny on the thighs, then has an enormous flare at the end

JUST GIMMIE A STRAIGHT LOOSE LEG FIT PLEASE ARGH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Once Bedford Row is finished in the next year or so, it supposed to be filled with a load of fashion stores as well.
    Supposedly it's going to be almost exclusively fashion stores and cafe's.

Can anyone tell me how to get to the Crescent from say The Parkway sc. coz I know how to get there now but no idea how to get to the dooradoyle area...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Get bus to city Centre, then change buses and get the raheen one its stops outside the mac donalds at the crescent. Or drive straight down o'connell street, and o'connell avenue. Eventually the crescent will be on your left hand side when you cross the railway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

New shoe shop opened today in the Finns Bar building on William Street. Unzé Shoes is what it's called. Was packed in there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

mackleton - if you have a car, just take the tipp exit and the parkway roundabout, down childers road. When you get to the tipp road roundabout, take the 2nd exit, then 2nd exit at the next r'about, 2nd exit at the next r'about and straight on until you come to a t-junction, where you have no choice but go left. Then straight on until you pass the level crossing. The entrance to the crescent is on your left. It's really straightforward once you get used to it.

Actually ya, I checked out google earth and did exactly that route yesterday and you're dead right, its really straightforward. Cheers.

By the by, does anyone know if theres a Mc D's in the castletroy area apart from the one at the crescent? (for future reference). Cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

No....theres a Supermacs down the road from the Crescent, near the Hospital

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Mackleton wrote:
    Actually ya, I checked out google earth and did exactly that route yesterday and you're dead right, its really straightforward. Cheers.

By the by, does anyone know if theres a Mc D's in the castletroy area apart from the one at the crescent? (for future reference). Cheers in advance

There's a Mc D's drive through by the Storm Cinema in Castletroy and a Burger King one at the Parkway, KFC and Pizza Hut around the corner on Childers Road

Advertisement