Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed english but still offered nuig ??

Options
  • 21-08-2007 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

So i failed english (h) got an e woohoo, i wasent expecting any offers but i recived an offer for arts in galway, just wondering is it a cock up with cao i dont want to accept and then be told you cant do it, it does say there is min mark of d3 on ord level.

will i be safe to go ahead and accept

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 vive che

Id say thats a mistake. But like if you accept, i cant see how you wouldn't be allowed in they probably trust the CAO to be kinda foolproof and wouldn't be double checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

nono, accept if u want. NUIG do this yoke, I think where if you get an E in higher, they let you away with it. One of the lads got Science in Galway last year after failing hons French

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

How'd you do in Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,087 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Have you considered ringing the CAO themselves? (just don't give your details, in case they take it back off you...)

Or talk to someone from your school, career guidance teacher or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

If you want the course accept it! Then find out what happened

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

Maybe the requirements were a pass in English OR Irish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They could very well have altered the minimum requirements prior to the offer stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

If the requirement changed, you're safe. Otherwise, look at note number two on the back of your CAO offers. Remember seeing this yesterday. Thought it was in the handbook. Took lots of digging before I found it.
    The higher education institution offering a place may, at its absolute discretion, cancel the offer at any time if an error or emission of any kind emerges in the procedure leading to the issue of the offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭KarmaCreep

Accept it, just don't expect them to let you study English.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Conqueror

Accept it, but you shouldn't have been offered a place. Under NUI rules, and according to the Arts faculty's prospectus, to meet entry requirements, you must pass English, Irish and a third language.

Do accept, but assume the University unoffers the place before they give a smack to the crowd at the CAO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement