Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed camera van on Navan Road, Castleknock

Options
  • 21-08-2007 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭

A while ago I heard about someone getting a speeding ticket for breaking the 50 km/h road works limit on the Navan Road, between Ashtown and Auburn Ave roundabouts. We all know these places, reduced speed limit but no workers.

This morning I saw the white Gatso van in the bus lane (a 24 hour bus lane IIRC) on the westbound side. Surprisingly, most people were adhering to the lower limit (it's normally 80km/h) but there were a few who would surely be getting one of those letters.

What annoyed me about the location is that further east (I was cycling eastwards to work), I witnessed a ton of bus lane violations and red light running. If the van was on those stretches it might actually serve a noble purpose.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

Saw it myself as soon as I came out of my apartment this morning, it's one rule for that van (in the bus lane forcing bus drivers to have to pull out) and another for everyone else.

In their defence, they are regularly on the other side of the road and there's a guard with a bike and a gun sometimes further down the road as you approach the Halfway House roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

*sigh*. The Gardaí doing their bit to reduce the airflow over hard shoulder cones I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

That would probably one of very few roads where i would religiously stick to the speed limit.

I know of two many people that got stung there even before the roadworks (80kmh)

would this van be on the side headin to auburn ave or on the side heading to ashtown?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭daymobrew

C_Breeze wrote:
    would this van be on the side headin to auburn ave or on the side heading to ashtown?
    Westbound = toward Auburn Avenue.

I rang Garda Traffic HQ in Dublin Castle asking them to move it east to where I encountered all the bus lane and red light violations. He said pass on my comments to the Garda operating the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

C_Breeze wrote:
    That would probably one of very few roads where i would religiously stick to the speed limit.

I know of two many people that got stung there even before the roadworks (80kmh)

They operate on either side of the road. Some mornings it's there two days in a row - 8.30 to 9.30 usually.

• Advertisement
Advertisement