Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft announce oFone

• 21-08-2007 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭

Microsoft have announced the oFone, which is their first foray into the mobile phone market... Apparently it'll be in direct competition with the Apple's iPhone...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Highly desirable. I must have one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Screw you suckers. I'm gonna be the first to get one of these.

*Runs off to start queueing*

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Settle down , Settle down !!!!!

Microsoft Spoof: The 'Windows Mobile oFone'
    Posting from Las Vegas: Apple has the iPhone, Microsoft has the ... oFone? No, not really, but the company clearly put a lot of effort into a spoof video depicting such a phone -- a fold-out device with circular text display and variable number placement, depending on user preference. It also doubles as a boomerang.

Microsoft showed the video during a keynote address by Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices Division, at the company's Mobile and Embedded Developer Conference this morning. Some current and former Windows Mobile team members make appearances in the spoof.

Just in case somebody didn't get the joke, Bach offered a disclaimer when he came back on stage. "I'll be clear: Any press in the audience, we are not announcing the oFone. Don't want anybody to get confused about that."

On a more serious note, Bach added that the spoof did point out, in an extreme way, the challenges of creating an operating system for a variety of different mobile device styles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

its a spoof? no! I'm soo crestfallen. *weeps in a corner* :rolleyes:

seriously though I think its a nice marketing move by Microsoft.
    Taking the p1ss like that garners cred in the most unlikely of places.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

sharkman wrote:

Posting from Las Vegas: Apple has the iPhone, Microsoft has the ... oFone? No, not really, but the company clearly put a lot of effort into a spoof video depicting such a phone -- a fold-out device with circular text display and variable number placement, depending on user preference. It also doubles as a boomerang.

Microsoft showed the video during a keynote address by Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices Division, at the company's Mobile and Embedded Developer Conference this morning. Some current and former Windows Mobile team members make appearances in the spoof.

Just in case somebody didn't get the joke, Bach offered a disclaimer when he came back on stage. "I'll be clear: Any press in the audience, we are not announcing the oFone. Don't want anybody to get confused about that."

On a more serious note, Bach added that the spoof did point out, in an extreme way, the challenges of creating an operating system for a variety of different mobile device styles.

I think it's obvious you're spreading this rumour so you can get you're hands on the first oFone. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I think it's obvious you're spreading this rumour so you can get you're hands on the first oFone. :D

Me Sir ! No Sir !

sharkman wrote:
    Me Sir ! No Sir !

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,380 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

sharkman wrote:

Ah you should have let it go on, i though i might at least catch out one or two people... :(

Advertisement