Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cocktail Dress

• 21-08-2007 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Where in Dublin can one get a nice cocktail dress. I don't want anything too fussy.

I've a budget of €150 and I'm quite reluctant to go over that.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Karen Millen have a gorgeous collection at the min... also Richard Alan and Pamela Scott..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Rococo
    Brown Thomas
    Coast
    Lypsey
    Debenhams
    House of Fraiser
    Oasis
    Monsoon

All worth a look at, some have beautiful coloured dress such as Monsoon, and Rococo. Its always worth investing in a good dress, there s always those unexpexted times that the need for a good dress comes up.

Some of the shops you might think, no way ! too expensive ! but you d be suprised all of the above will provide dress's in your price range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 TinaSparkle

TK Maxx have nice dresses well within that price range - theres one in Stephens Green Shopping Centre and a new big store in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sir

Thanks ladies, where is Rococo? Is Lypsey under a different name these days? I couldn't find it today when I was looking, granted I was probably in totally the wrong place!

I'm not in a mad rush to buy the thing just yet, but have a few events coming up and the little black dress is on its last legs so want something nice to replace it.

Need to get to the gym in the mean time too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭rubyred

Sir wrote:
    Is Lypsey under a different name these days? I couldn't find it today when I was looking, granted I was probably in totally the wrong place!

It is lipsy - not lypsey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Rococo is beside the westbury mall/hotel off Grafton street. S

ome lovely stuff but be aware it can be a little off beat.

EDIT* and expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

When I was in Oasis about three weeks ago they said they were just about to bring in a whole new line called LBD (little black dress) in place of the vinatge line- it should be in around now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I think Debenhams and Karen Millen are great for picking up classy dresses, especially in the sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sir

rubyred wrote:
    It is lipsy - not lypsey
    Ok, but I was under the impression that they had changed name to something like Heart and Soul in recent months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I think that you can also buy lipsy out in House of Fraser in Dundrum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

i really want a short cream/white strapless cocktail dress, a pretty girlie one.
    has anyone seen any about? (about 70 euro or less please!!)
    ta!

Advertisement