Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whos your DADDY ?

• 21-08-2007 1:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

Now we know that vince has a secret child , Who do u think will be the one? I am backin Kennedy to be the one, What u think ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,342 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Bull wrote:
    Now we know that vince has a secret child , Who do u think will be the one? I am backin Kennedy to be the one, What u think ?
    I would like it to be Kennedy - and it could really set up a massive Kennedy vs HHH fued (the new son vs the hubbie of the 'money grabbing daughter) which I think could be excellent, with Mr. Kennedy being the heel, and HHH being the 'bad guy' face who gets teh job done however it needs to be (like Austin)

Unfortunately, I think it is being made entirely to obviousl that Vince thinks it is (and wants it to be) Kennedy, and it will end up being some mid-carder who gets a crappy push for a couple of months.

I don't think they'll make as much of this as they could do - the possibilities for the story are almost endless - imagine a two faction WWE - HHH, Steph and Shane leading one group against Vince and Kennedy leading the other. It could be awesome - and would be a perfect way for the WWE to bring an end to the brand split, like they have been talking about and moving towards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Tauren wrote:
    I would like it to be Kennedy - and it could really set up a massive Kennedy vs HHH fued (the new son vs the hubbie of the 'money grabbing daughter) which I think could be excellent, with Mr. Kennedy being the heel, and HHH being the 'bad guy' face who gets teh job done however it needs to be (like Austin)

Ah so rehashing old angles is the way to go?

[quoteI don't think they'll make as much of this as they could do - the possibilities for the story are almost endless - imagine a two faction WWE - HHH, Steph and Shane leading one group against Vince and Kennedy leading the other. It could be awesome - and would be a perfect way for the WWE to bring an end to the brand split, like they have been talking about and moving towards[/QUOTE]

Again a two faction split in WWE - didnt they try that with WWF vs WCW/ECW? And we all say how "successful" that was

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Reckon it'll be Paul London...instant feud with his new sibling Shane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think HHH would be the best way to go. His return is very "convienient"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

I hope they reveal it at summerslam cause i be shouting Whos ur DADDY!, Keep an eye out for my mayo flag, I'll be directly across from the TV cameras around mid ter lower, Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!, Carlito could be a good one for a long term story line,
    DAMN it could even be Ron Simmons as vince did say he was barely a teenager?

• Advertisement

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Ah so rehashing old angles is the way to go?

Again a two faction split in WWE - didnt they try that with WWF vs WCW/ECW? And we all say how "successful" that was
    Personally - i thought the WWE vs WCW/ECW storyline was one of the last really good ones, but then it did have the rock, austin and angle.

Sure it would be a bit of a rehash, but so what? I personally think the WWE needs a really good central storyline at the moment, and how many original ones can you come up with that could be solved in a ring? Look at every fued in the WWE over the last 5 years, have any of them contained an original storyline? No, because it has been going on for years and they have all been covered. All you can really do is try to make them bigger and better, with new faces, to create new fueds that the WWE can build on.

For me, the brand split was and still is a poor move that needs to be reversed, and none of the fueds currently in the WWE have any meaning at all. Once a title changes hands the fued ends and a new one starts, I think it would be better if you got the impression that the wrestlers involved were fighting for something more then just the title, and that even with that title not in the picture, they would still want to be beating seven shades out of each other. A wrestling 'war' would cover all that, and the current Vince storyline is perfectly positioned (along with the return of HHH) to deliver it.

I don't think originallity in the story itself is of paramount importance - the wrestling in the ring should always be the focus, you just need the story to push the match, to give it a reason for happening.

Bubs101 wrote:
    I think HHH would be the best way to go. His return is very "convienient"
    but HHH wasn't in the ring that night when they said the person was in that ring, and they said it was someone on the active roster. I'd be disappointed if it was HHH.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

I can't see it being Trips, I think it has to be someone that wasn't in the business five years ago. It wouldn't make sense for the person to be in the WWE that long. Kennedy is my bet but I can't see who it could be other than him.

Ric Flair was at ringside that night.... ya never know what the wwe will do.
    Tauren wrote:
    Once a title changes hands the fued ends and a new one starts, I think it would be better if you got the impression that the wrestlers involved were fighting for something more then just the title.

I completely agree with this. Nowadays it seems like all that really happens is you've got the title, i want the title, i get the title and thats it.

Remember back a few years ago when storylines like how Trips hated Angle because of Steph, Austin hated Kishi (alright it wasn't done as well as i had hoped) because he knocked him down, Test hated Trips and Steph cause they made a fool of him.

Back then it was weird, it was as if these were real people who got sidetracked and were interested in more than just the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Tauren wrote:
    and would be a perfect way for the WWE to bring an end to the brand split, like they have been talking about and moving towards

When have WWE ever talked about ending the brand split? They're making more money with this setup than they would if they joined everything back together. It's not going to happen

The plan before they had to cancel the original "Vince is dead" angle was for Kennedy to be his son, and I'm sure Vince knows that most people have heard this now, which is why he's been teasing it. I don't know if he'll want to swerve us now instead and have it be someone else, but I think Kennedy is the safe bet. And then I'm sure he'll be jobbed out to HHH

I read a column on some site that had an idea that I thought would be great: having Colt Cabana as Vince's son! I actually do think that it would be perfect. Colt's a great wrestler and it would be an excellent way to introduce him, instead of having some other current wrestler be Vince's son. Plus I can just imagine the skits he could do with Vince, Colt as his goofy self pissing off Vince. I really doubt that will ever happen though

Fozzy wrote:
    When have WWE ever talked about ending the brand split? They're making more money with this setup than they would if they joined everything back together. It's not going to happen

The plan before they had to cancel the original "Vince is dead" angle was for Kennedy to be his son, and I'm sure Vince knows that most people have heard this now, which is why he's been teasing it. I don't know if he'll want to swerve us now instead and have it be someone else, but I think Kennedy is the safe bet. And then I'm sure he'll be jobbed out to HHH

I read a column on some site that had an idea that I thought would be great: having Colt Cabana as Vince's son! I actually do think that it would be perfect. Colt's a great wrestler and it would be an excellent way to introduce him, instead of having some other current wrestler be Vince's son. Plus I can just imagine the skits he could do with Vince, Colt as his goofy self pissing off Vince. I really doubt that will ever happen though
    I read a few articles over recent months that the WWE were discussing the possibility of effectively ending the brandsplit, and that is why inter-promotional PPVs have become more frequent, or simply PPVs that have wrestlers from other brands competing in matches. We have also seen starts from each brand competing on different shows recently. I doubt they will end the brand split, but apparently it has been discussed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

The brand split was never going to end, if anything talent would be moved from brand to brand, or on more than one brand. But the 3 brands are still staying.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I think it will be Kennedy, who it has been rumoured to be all along...standing face to face the night the whole storyline was revealed and then again last night backstage....is that not giving it away, or to keep people guessing?

They'll probably turn it into Kennedy is actually his middle name....just like Vince, or something along those line, lol

Though what about about Val Venis....."Hello DADDY!"....priceless

I think it will be Kennedy, who it has been rumoured to be all along...standing face to face the night the whole storyline was revealed and then again last night backstage....is that not giving it away, or to keep people guessing?

Could be both, anyone remember when Undertaker went on hiatus in 2003, and when it was rumoured that he was coming back as the deadman? He flat out denied it whenever it came into question :)

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I'd love it if it was HHH just for the incest angle.

Whatever you're into!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Incest: A game the whole family can play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Paul London vs Shane McMahon is money.

If HHH was the father it'd mean Steph would return big style which'd be nice

I can't see Steph returning, she's going to be gone for a long time I'd expect until her kid is at least 5 or 6, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see Steph back full-time for close to 10 years.

Motherhood is top of her agenda I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Steph and HHH travel around on a big custom made tour bus with their baby she is backstage most of the time anyway there is no real difference.

• Advertisement

My mistake, I presumed she would be absent from most shows but I guess this could make it very likely then.

1.jpg

Steph is a writer plus she has a job in talent relations aswell now

Thats pretty cool, I wasn't actually aware of any of that.

Does anyone know who all the writers are on Raw?

Writers change pretty regularly mostly because they know nothing about wrestling

Tom Chehak
    Brian Gewirtz
    Ed Koskie

Michael Hayes (SD)

David Lagana (ECW)
    Dusty Rhodes
    Chris DeJosephs

I think that list is current enough although they get moved around aswell

From the list I read on some site, there's also others like Jen Hunt (ECW), Dave Kapoor (he's Khali's translator), John Carle, Zachary Soto (SD), Pantelis Ypsilantis and Mark Malaria

The head writers all know about wrestling though

Yeah they do, but they often hire tv writers who have no knowledge of wrestling history and that never works out too well.

EdK wrote:
    Brian Gewirtz

Sweet Christ, **** on a stick. That man made my life a misery for RAW in 2002-2003, some of the stuff he came up almost put me off WWE! How this guy still has a job still amazes me!

VR!

He came up with the date skit on Raw and played the part of the waiter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It will need to be somebody who can do comedy skits so my money would be on Kennedy as he's quite a cartoonish character anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

b.ie polar wrote:
    I'd love it if it was HHH just for the incest angle.
    Fozzy wrote:
    Whatever you're into!
    Don't dismiss this idea so quickly.

It's thrash tv at its best, with Trip's kid also being his ece.
    Then they reveal that it was someone else altogether because of a DNA test mix-up.
    It would at least be slightly amusing.

I'd like to see Coach aswell. A Coach vs. Shane O'Mac fight would be brilliant for me and it'd see Shaneo coming back as a face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

The Bull wrote:
    I hope they reveal it at summerslam cause i be shouting Whos ur DADDY!, Keep an eye out for my mayo flag, I'll be directly across from the TV cameras around mid ter lower, Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!, Carlito could be a good one for a long term story line,
    DAMN it could even be Ron Simmons as vince did say he was barely a teenager?

and he got a caucausion plasty after he done the deed:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

From PWInsider (Not sure if it's worthy of spoiler tags but figured I would put them in anyway)
    This week on WWE RAW, the Vince McMahon "bastard son" storyline continued. McMahon stated that he is going to give the mother of his new son until September 10th to reveal the WWE superstar's identity or Vince will sue her.

What's interesting about date is that WWE RAW takes place from Green Bay, Wisconsin that night. Green Bay is the hometown of Mr. Ken Kennedy.

It has been rumored for weeks that Mr. Kennedy would ultimately be revealed to be the new McMahon. As things stand, Kennedy is in line for a main event push and is seen as "the next Triple H" by many within WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

An odd thought has been forming in my head over the last couple of days. Given the WWEs long history of anti-climactic story lines what if Vinces illegitimate son was.............................Shane. I'm not sure how it would work exactly maybe have him switched at birth or something.

At the vary least it could make for an interesting feud the once loving son ostracised by the McMahon family vows to take revenge by challenging Daddies control of the WWE (yes I know its been done before). It could split the rosters and detract attention from the multitude of boring feuds (and lack of wrestlers) and provide an excuse for all the suspended wrestlers not appearing.
    And since Shane is a high flyer it fits with the "things are looking up" clue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

N.O.I.P. wrote:
    An odd thought has been forming in my head over the last couple of days. Given the WWEs long history of anti-climactic story lines what if Vinces illegitimate son was.............................Shane. I'm not sure how it would work exactly maybe have him switched at birth or something.

At the vary least it could make for an interesting feud the once loving son ostracised by the McMahon family vows to take revenge by challenging Daddies control of the WWE (yes I know its been done before). It could split the rosters and detract attention from the multitude of boring feuds (and lack of wrestlers) and provide an excuse for all the suspended wrestlers not appearing.
    And since Shane is a high flyer it fits with the "things are looking up" clue

Fozzy definitely needs to implement a Wellness Policy for the board. Just don't call Dr. Black.

• Advertisement

So you want this huge storyline played out in the space of the next three or four weeks, when Vince (and the entire company) will be busier and under more pressure than he has been in years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Yes I fully expect the WWE to set everything else to one side and work on a storyline that came to me late at night after a few beers.

I was merely offering an out-there suggestion as given the contents of the RAW spoiler thread I have no clue as to who it could actually be . If you don't like it fine, I have no doubts that it isn't going to happen, just thought I'd share the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 lw

With the clue ''things are looking up'' then it really has to be a big man or a small man. My money is on Hornswaggle !

lw wrote:
    With the clue ''things are looking up'' then it really has to be a big man or a small man. My money is on Hornswaggle !

It could also have a figurative meaning too, like someone who's in a good situation. Things are looking up for Punk and Stevie Richards at the moment. It could be a developmental guy they bring in called Johnny Up. It could be just about anyone with that clue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

I really like the idea of it being jericho....especially given his history with steph and HHH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

If its The Great Kahli I will kill someone.

Also isnt Finlay a writer for WWE too.

I was thiking how deadly would it be if it was Cody Rhoads. Bring Dusty in on it, would be svage it think!

Stephen! wrote:
    Also isnt Finlay a writer for WWE too.

He's an agent, or a "producer" as WWE has taken to calling them. He helps guys plan their matches basically

I'm not against having Dusty Rhodes involved in something again, but I'm not sure that putting him with Vince would make for good tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Stephen!

Heres a few things that just came into my mind there. There'll all completely crap, but i dont mind sure coz there might be sometrhing.

It could be John Cena - Ortons after attacking his da, then he finds out Vince is really his dad, could be a new character for John Cena to become much more angry and a heel, although i doubt the WWE writers would consider interchaning storylines

Or Snitzkty mayvbe, he's gotten a push the past while, and you never know like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Im gona go with rey rey!
    And have him be pissed off cuz vince is his daddy which would lead onto a spot fest royal rumble match with shane o mac

Or it will be some mid carder who needs the push, seeing as wwe has lost have there upper mid carders they need to push some new guys fast

According to a poll on wwe.com these are what fans think who McMahons son will be

Paul London 17.06%
    Triple H 16.89%
    Steven Richards 13.49 %

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I'm leaning towards Triple H cos Vince loves his incest. That was Vince could disown HHH and Steph and have Kennedy as the son he always wanted, thus setting up HHH vs Kennedy as planned for WM 24.

I heard its going to be Joey Abbz

I think it's pretty funny that they put London in their poll.

Bubs101 wrote:
    I think it's pretty funny that they put London in their poll.

Everyone's in the poll, thats just the top 3

Just saw it there. Stevie is the new leader with 24.16. I presume they aren't gonna waste a major push on Stevie

• Advertisement
Advertisement