Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third Year Zoology - Timetable Clash?

Options
  • 21-08-2007 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

I just registered for my third year zoology modules, which are awesome btw, and I noticed a wierdness - you can choose to do one of the core modules, ZOOL30040 (Diversity of Vertebrates) in either semester 1 or 2. Which is grand, except for the fact that one of the other core zoology modules, ZOOL30030 (Evolutionary Biology), is on at the same times in the first semester. So I registered for it in the 2nd semester.

Then, when I was looking at my semester 2 timetable, I noticed ZOOL30040wasn't scheduled. I looked at the course description, a nd it seems that if you do it in the 1st semester, there's lectures and practicals etc, but if you do it in semester 2, you just do learning assignments. WTF?

So if you do it in semester 1, which you can't on account of not having a timeturner or the ability to astral project, you get taught the subject, but if you do it in semester 2, you have to teach yourself?! grrr...

Anyone else in the same boat? Any ideas on who to talk to to get the full story?

Sorry about the rant, I just need to get this sorted before I go on holidays. Blah.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

talk to your programmes office, they will sort out timetable clashes... there's always a few.

Advertisement