Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start of Term?

Options
  • 21-08-2007 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭

Does anyone know when the college term for first year government students is starting? I'm going on holidays at the start of September and have been told that term starts on the 24th or 25th of September, is that correct?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Have a look at the UCC timetable website.

According to that it's the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

http://www.ucc.ie/admin/registrar/examsrec/Teaching%20Dates%20-%202007-08%20%20July%202007.pdf

24th September is the first full week (freshers week), orientation week is the week before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Whats Orientation Week? Is that just registration??

Lucas/

Yes its mostly just to register. You get a tour of campus, given timetable, id card etc etc.. I think Welcome meting, map usual stuff

Here is the dates for the different courses:

http://www.ucc.ie/admin/registrar/examsrec/Updated%20Reg%20Part%202%20Dts%202007%2015th%20August.pdf

You should get a letter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Pazaz 21

Thanks for the info, it really helped.

I contacted UCC and have been told that a info/registration pack will be sent out next week. I will be somewhere in the Mediterranean next week but was told i could register when i got back.

Registration week starts 14th september and term starts 24th september.

Thanks again

• Advertisement

So that means Pharmacy students must register part II on the 18th September between 1.30pm and 2.30pm and no other time? I didn't know that. UCC told me I'd get that pack tomorrow.

What about the Student Travelcard? Do the University give you this for cheaper travel and stuffs?? Or is the University ID Card good enough for this?

http://www.studenttravelcard.ie

This is a separate thing you can get from the student Union, it costs 12 Euro but the UCC card would get you most discounts, but you need this for travel reductions, bit of a scam when you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

The student card will get you discounts in town - like 10% in HMV or Virgin, and the travel card works on the train and bus and so on. One trip to Dublin and you make the initial cost back. To get it just pop into the travel office in the student centre, they'll take your photo and give you the card there and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

My last year this time, cant wait to be finished tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Pazaz 21

Is it a big deal if i register with my pack a couple of days late. Like i mentioned earlier i am going on holidays and my mother is doing my head in thinking that i will lose my place on the course.

My place is secure since i accepted it through the CAO, isn't it?

And Lucas10101 did you get your pack today, just curious?

• Advertisement

I'm still waiting for the Postman.

Your place is not secure until the 2 steps of Registration are complete. You mught have to contact UCC about this seen as you are on holidays.

Advertisement