Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL digital phone installed - now my e-mail won't work

Options
  • 21-08-2007 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭

Had NTL digital phone installed yesterday, is working perfect & my broadband access with ntl (6mb package) is also working fine. But for some reason i can't send & receive e-mails via outlook, it says my user name/passowrd is incorrect for the POP3 and SMTP servers. has anybody else had this happen them?

I have been waiting since yesterday morning to have this sorted, when i ring NTL i can't get through to the broadband support team directly, seemingly you have to log a callback with them ... an A1 dose of "don't call us, we'll call you (maybe, if we feel like it!)"

anyone out there got any ideas on what could be up?

Thanks,
    paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

If you have changed your isp to NTL you'll have to make sure your POP3 and SMTP settings are correct - you'll get the correct settings in their faqs page on the web site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

hi rosser,

nope i have been with ntl for the past while with no probs, changed all my settings when they moved from ntlworld to upcmail accounts with no issues. i have discovered i can send but not receive mail so it is something to do with the pop3 server i reckon ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

turn off antivirus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

got it sorted last night, cheers for all the suggestions. turned out they reset my password for the pop3 (incoming) mail server when they installed the digital phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement