Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cao mess up

Options
  • 21-08-2007 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

ok so i only realised yesterday that i messed up my cao.i checked it hundreds of times since february but failed to realise i had put down the wrong college as my first choice.Its a fee paying college and i cannot afford to go to it.Is there any chance of appealing and maybe getting my second choice which i am 40 points over and was sure until yesterday that i had gotten it???Or will i just have to wait until next year and reapply..??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

ring cao asap.

I dont think the'll give you your second choice coz then u'd be takin sum1 elses place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Doubt you'll be able to appeal. If you get your first choice that's that....

Unless you want to try one of the courses with spaces:

http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=vpl_enter

If you choose one of these they're moved to your first choice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭yeah-boy

Crap ... I know that if you turn down your first choice you wont be offered anymore.

Although with your circumstances they might help you out.

Only a phonecall away. Tel. +353-(0)91-509800

CAO FAQ (a bit about emailing them)

I would'nt bother emailing them !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I don't think the CAO will be able to give you any leeway here considering the offers have already been made. Your best bet is to contact the college where you want to study and see if they have any options for you. The alternatives would be to take up an available place course in that college (if there are any) or wait until next year and apply again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 drunknmunky

was speaking to cao who basically said "oh well,apply again next year"..then called the college who said they have no say whatsoever.. :( looks like im taking a year out.Which is slightly annoying considering ive done TY so will be quite old starting college!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

They're merciless bastards alright. Don't worry about taking the year out, just work or travel and generally take it easy for the year. Lots of people start college in their twenties and trust me, the longer you spend in college the better, it's great craic ;) What about your cert/diploma choices though? Look into those as there is a good chance that you can take the choice you want after first year of the diploma and might not have to do the first year of the degree course, even though it might not be in the same college. Sorry to hear of the prediciment though and falling victim to the immobility of the system. Hope it works out you horse! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭steven22

Wagon wrote:
    They're merciless bastards alright. Don't worry about taking the year out, just work or travel and generally take it easy for the year. Lots of people start college in their twenties and trust me, the longer you spend in college the better, it's great craic ;) What about your cert/diploma choices though? Look into those as there is a good chance that you can take the choice you want after first year of the diploma and might not have to do the first year of the degree course, even though it might not be in the same college. Sorry to hear of the prediciment though and falling victim to the immobility of the system. Hope it works out you horse! :D

Good advice regarding the cert/diploma.

Don't worry about it man ... I finished the leaving a year ago.

And im applying for college next year.

I took 2 years out LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

was speaking to cao who basically said "oh well,apply again next year"..then called the college who said they have no say whatsoever.. :( looks like im taking a year out.Which is slightly annoying considering ive done TY so will be quite old starting college!
    Hey, haven't you heard? Chicks dig the older guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭R0C0

I'd definitely recommend the year out, I don't think you'd regret it! If you don't get the course you want I wouldn't recommend doing another one just for the sake of it, wait till next year!

Advertisement