Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a House : Survey fees

Options
  • 21-08-2007 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Ive emailed 17 surveyors in Dublin and all seem to be around €300-400.

Is there likely to be a great difference in the standard of the survey or are they likely to be all fairly much the same hence the similar prices?

Or can anyone recommend a surveyor in Dublin they used?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bobbi69

I would like any good surveyors in the Portarlington area please??

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Is this the valuation survey the bank require your talking about???

If so just call up Gunne they'll do it for 130euro,

http://www.gunne.ie/index.cfm?fuseaction=valuations&text_id=15

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Macca206 wrote:
    Is there likely to be a great difference in the standard of the survey or are they likely to be all fairly much the same hence the similar prices?
    Most will be similar, although some do provide some additional checks to, say the boiler system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Macca206

Thanks so as long as you get them to state WHAT they will do there should be no difference between the reliability of the results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Macca206

maceocc2 wrote:
    Is this the valuation survey the bank require your talking about???

If so just call up Gunne they'll do it for 130euro,

http://www.gunne.ie/index.cfm?fuseaction=valuations&text_id=15

No its an additional one to check if everything is fine with the house and to do a snag list

• Advertisement

I got one done for around 250 euro with a surveyor based in Harold's Cross. Can't think of his name for the life of me though, sorry.

Advertisement